New Subpoena in Brit Case

2/4/2008 8:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael SandsThe man hired by Mark Vincent Kaplan (K-Daddy's lawyer) to field media calls has been subpoenaed in the Britney Spears case.

The subpoena subject -- PR guru Michael Sands. Everyone, including Sands' personal lawyer, Randolph W. Wright, is mum on the nature of the subpoena, however, one source says it is "substantial."

Britney's lawyers, Trope and Trope, drafted the subpoena. Expect a dogfight over whether the info Sands has is protected by the attorney-client privilege.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

dmx

Everybody keeps on saying this like another anna nicole thing -- I never was very interested in that fat nobody slob, but it seems to me that this is total opposite. Everybody seemed to love anna nicole for some obscure reason and hate her mother, but everybody hates britney and can't see what a piece of crap Brit's mother is. At least Brit earned her money working. So, what was the deal with anna nicole anyway?

OCD

One would think that an employee of an attorney would be beyond the powers of subpoena.

In California, though, anything goes. Laws don't mean much there, apparently.

britaculous

94. To all, and to agree with kelli, sean, vandy, britaculous,stop the crazy stuff,alwyzexploren,Diane T,DJ,AussieAussieAussie, anonymous,Nancy,ME,Coco,steven,Tricia,Molly,
Britney needs someone to tell the TRUTH about all that happened! She is not CRAZY, she is under tremenous stress and has been attacked by Kevin etc., all this time. Kevin needs her $, she needs nothing from him. He could have been a decent and loving father/husband, as anyone should be a faithful loving spouse. He wasn't. I think the man is trash, an shouldnt allow him to raise a DOG.. Britney put out a successful album, worked hard to do her videos, and have any of you heard her say one nasty thing about K-Fed? She hasnt lowered herself to say ANYTHING! We all know he is a dope using, ho playing type of man. I hope she gets better soon, and that her father, that she doesnt trust over his own drug addcitions, is not in control of her. Nothing that has happened is fair to her. She earned this money, and she is OWED a life.,

Posted at 9:59PM on Feb 4th 2008 by I hate k fed

---------------------
Agree. That's probably the point. You dont see anything bad about kfed due to kaplan and sands help!!
Some guy said on here that she is goign through it because she is a habitual user, and kfed isnt?!?!?
I say subpoena the idiot and we'll see. I think kfed should get an oscar - the way people fall for his cr*p..............

anonymous

Posted at 2:09PM on Feb 5th 2008 by oicu812

yes she is mentally ill and HE took advantage of it and drove her over the edge...NO talent ?? Are you kidding !!! She is the only woman that has sold 5 number 1 albums EVER... With that said she was not ready for the mtv comeback and her management should have NOT let her do it...

anonymous

Posted at 2:19PM on Feb 5th 2008 by britaculous

The sad thing is the judge used fat tony's and k-fed's word for his decision and not proof of the allegations...It will all come out and people are going to have to answer in a court of law...Personally I can't wait...

Party 'till you die!

And then there are paranoid savior types like GARY 12:03 who are the only ones privileged with the truth! Oh boy, I bet you could have saved Anna too! You are the hero of the universe! All celebrate King GARY and his crown of crap! Delusions of Grandeur much?

Jimmerz

This whole deal is nothing more than a pissing contest between Sam Lufti and Jamie Spears. Spears really didn't give a
damn about Britney while she was growing up but now he's walking around with dollar signs in front of his eyes. He's really
no better than K-Fed. Just greedy pigs, the whole lot of them.

Britney needs to get better, get her kids back any way she can including grabbing them by force if necessary, get the hell out of the U.S. and go to someplace nice like Switzerland where she can live quietly and American law can't touch her.

oicu812

Yes, I said talentless (and meant it!), Why do you think she lip syncs everything? She can't flippin' sing w/out a lot of dubbing and voice overs. Believe me, I know someone that worked with her in the studio when she was recording one of her CDs. He said there's a lot of voice help required when she's in the studio. As for her selling a slew of CD's, whatever. Teens under the influence of a pop princess. That's all that is. They wanted to be her so they turned a deaf ear to her music. Some tunes were catchy enough but, I stand by my statement that she can't sing. And, given enough training time with a choreographer, anyone could have busted the moves she did.

But, like I said, just because I find fault with her singing and rise to stardom doesn't mean I wish the girl ill. I'm rooting for her to get the help she needs and find people that really love and support her.

human after all

Very interesting. Thanks for that information

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13