Delta Burke in Psychiatric Ward

2/6/2008 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned "Designing Women" star Delta Burke checked herself into a psychiatric hospital last week for depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and "hoarding."
Click here to listen
Burke, 51, has done an interview with TMZ TV, in which she describes how hoarding (being a pack rat) has ruined her life, but she believes she may now be able to conquer it.

Check out the preview. Watch TMZ TV tonight for the interview. Check local listings.

TMZ is pathetic

She's obviously "hoarding" food in her cheeks

darzie

unless you've been in someone else's shoes you should keep your comments to yourself.
delta burke has suffered with depression for many years.
i highly doubt it was an announcement she needed to make, but the way the media seems to love to obsess over everyone's problems...she probably felt that she would give her story, so the media wouldn't make up their own.

admitting you need help, or more help is not an easy thing.

i applaude her and wish her the very best.

TMZ is pathetic

#11-Morgan

THE SHOW IS AWFUL ISN'T IT???? OMG, WATCHED IT ONCE, NEVER AGAIN. STICK TO THE WEBSITE GUYS

Ooooo Noooo!

By the looks of her, Delta has also been hording a lot of chease burgers and fries, I'll tell ya what.

kim suck

no talent fat ass!!

Michelle

kim suck

britt is a trend setter

paris sucks judges

Boy, it's not the glamorous 50's anymore, is it? Hollywood is falling apart. Personally, I understand the hoarding thing because I had that in the past. Never heard anyone being hospitalized for it though. One day I just threw all the junk out! I hate to say it because I've always liked Delta, but this sounds like a stunt to me, just like Eva Mendez in "rehab" when no one's ever heard of her taking a drink or this other guy from Grey's Anatomy checking into the psych ward. Now it seems Britney's started yet another trend - first she gives us belly shirts and Catholic school uniforms, not it's rehab and psych wards. Hollywood is so pathetic and anyone who yearns to be in the spotlight today - with stalkerazzi like TMZ and X17 - really does need to go to a psych ward for examination!

cat b

mental health is a inexact science...clebs seem to fare better than the average joe when it comes to care...seems in my opinion we havent resin much about the snake pits of the 1950's asylumns when it comes to physchaitric disorders...most of the medications really have not been given lic to be given to children yet bipolar is being diagnosed in youth in a alarming rate as well as putting them all on medication...then if they have side effects..they give a medication for the side effect...all a vicous cycle because everyone wants a instant cure...where there are no instant cures...I once was very depressed after loosing a loved one and had lost alot of weight unable to eat...I told the doctor I was just very very sad and my heart was breaking...to which he said your clinically depressed I can give you something...I told him whats wrong with being sad?...and he couldnt answer me other than to say its just not normal...not normal? it is a human emotion and I doubt Id find any cure for my heart breaking in a pill...I tried the pills for a short term but found them to make me feel worse because I was numb unable to feel anything but a flat effect..why is it so wrong to feel as human beings anymore?...why is there such a stigma place on people who feel they have a heavy heart ?or a broken spirit.?..why is it we cant reach out to comfort one another when we feel we cant cope?...most of these drug studies are pushed by the drug makers and are not really giving accurate view of the drugs and their track records the side effects all down played.Im glad delta is getting help but by her voice she seemed slurred in speach and very dry mouthed talking....

kim suck

20. It seems society has grown so cold reading theses comments. Everyone makes light of psych wards and Hollywood. Thousands of people go into psych wards---we just don't hear about them unless they are famous. I think everyone who gets help, and their families, should be commended for getting the help they need. Delta is STILL a beautiful woman (#14)--and something tells me you aren't perfect either no. 14, or famous, or very loved.

Posted at 11:49AM on Feb 6th 2008 by Janet

shut up Janet--cry baby!

Lucy

She has had mental health issues for years, even before the Designing Women days. Depression is not like warts. It doesn't just pop up.

ATLchick

I'd still do her. If we could find room in her house full of random crap.

blablabla

Her only obsessive-compulsive behaviour is her desires are eating and prostituting herself in the press -- anything to catch the public eye.

Good luck with that Delta!
NEXT!!!!!

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

I GUESS THE DRUGS , ALCOHOL AND MED ARE ALL MAKING CELEBS

GO CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY ......WACKED OUT .........

NOTHING SURPRISES ME WITH CELEBS ............THEY'RE ON DRUGS , KILLING THERESELVES ,

ALCOHOLICS , ANGER MANAGEMENT JUST SAY CELEBS ARE COMPLETELY NUTS .............

I'M PERSONALLY NOT CONTRIBUTING TO THERE HABIT ........LIKE BUY THERE CLOTHING LINE , MOVIES ,

OR ANYTHING THEY'RE SELLING ......AGAIN , JUST TO KEEP UP WITH THERE BAD HABITS ..........

BOYCOTT EVERYTHING THEY'RE INTO ..........AND OR ANOTHER THING THEY DO IS BUY THERE

MANSIONS , LUXURY CARS / SUVS , ETCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC................

KRISPY is Right!!

Owen Wilson, Justin Chambers, Delta Burke and of course our girl Brit - WHAT is it with psych wards? Has good old-fashioned rehab suddenly become passe'? Could all these psycholgical "conditions" just be cover-ups for rampant drug abuse issues? (Maybe it's easier to get insured if you're "hospitalized" rather than "rehabbed"?) So many questions! BTW - Props to Eva Mendes for going to REHAB. If Cirque Lodge could straighten Lindsey out, then Eve will probably be a snap...