Pat "So ******* Into You" O'Brien Checks Into Rehab

2/8/2008 7:58 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pat O'BrienPat O'Brien has checked into rehab, "The Insider" reported today. This is O'Brien's second stint in rehab. Pat turns 60 on Valentine's Day.

The news gives us the opportunity to play this again.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Kathie is a phony

THIS GUY IS A TOTAL PIG. AND THE INSIDER AND ET ARE THE MOST IRRITATING SHOWS ON TV. WHY DO THEY KEEP SHOWING THOSE PREVIEWS OVER AND OVER THROUGH THE WHOLE SHOW, INSTEAD OF JUST GETTING TO THE STORIES? I HATE THE SHOW, THE HOSTS, AND THE STUPID FEMALE ANNOUNCER. THEY SHOULD RENAME THE SHOWS "THE ENQUIRER I & II! ROT IN REHAB YOU SICKO LOSER!

carol

I can't stand him. He's a scarcastic nasty stupid person who thinks his crap doesn't stink. He's a joke. They ought to toss him off the show he's on.

smartypants

Good luck O'Brian. Addiction is a hard thing to overcome. Don't be afraid to go back as many times as you need to. Your fans and E.T. are behind you. I have been a fan ever since you were in sports. I know, I'm in rehab right now and not embarresed to say it.

smartypants

Why don't we be each others sponser when we both get out? I'll e-mail you.

rachel

he's a dirtbag from et or insider,just a creep that cashes in on other people's trouble!!! hope he rlapses real soon!!! drunk!!!!!!!!!!

rockin' johnny

Pat O'Brien is a low-life and a creep.

smartypants

I think he is HOT!

Shane

YES! This just made my weekend. POB! What is Lara going to do by herself on the Insider??? Oh, the horror!

hog

WHO IS BETSY???? THAT WAS GROSS PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nell

Ick

BHB

He should have stayed in the sports world instead of being the biggest ass kisser alive.

zoso

Interesting earlier post on alcoholics in rehab. O'Brien is a major alcoholic who knows he can only go so long on a major binge and then must detox again. Alcohol is a nasty, nasty drug and very its effects are very underestimated. I would even venture to say alcohol is, overall, more dangerous than herion or cocaine and cocaine's derivatives. Alcohol is the one and only drug thats withdrawals can be directly fatal. And fatal a lot more times than people realize. I used to work for a coroner for years and we had a TON of deaths directly attributed to alcohol withdrawal. Heart attacks, seizures, renal failure, all of these can easily occur upon the the sudden ceasation of alcohol comsumption by a very heavy and frequent drinker. Herion and other drugs withdrawlas can be very, very uncomfortable, but they won't kill you. I hope he gets well, but more than likely he is making his yearly appearence in rehab to detox so he can then start the whole process over again, as so many drunks do.

Margot

I was wondering why Lara was alone last night and figured it had something to do with coke & hookers.

zoso

O'brien is one of those guys who more than likely has about 4 shots before he goes on TV, just to balance himself out and steady the shakes, so he can deliver his program. After that he is probably drinking like mad. Shoot, he was probably drinking like crazy first thing in the morning and then sobered up for several hours before going into work. Sneaking little, tiny drinks every now and there throughout the day to keep himself on an even keel, of course.

trish

HE HAS BEEN A DIRTY OLE DRUNK FOR YEARS. HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE STILL HAS HIS JOB. GET RID OF THE DRUNK??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????