Commish to Brit's Lawyers: Protect or Serve

2/13/2008 3:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears' lawyers made it clear today in court: they want out. But it ain't that easy.

After meeting privately in chambers with Commissioner Scott Gordon, the matter was continued to Feb. 19. But here's what we know: the Commish wants to make sure when Trope and Trope says sayonara, someone has to be in place to handle the case. We're told the Commish wants Trope and Trope to come back with a plan and wants to know specifically who's coming in.

As we first reported, Britney secretly met with disso queen Laura Wasser, who represented her during the divorce, but quit Brit a few months back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Weirdenstein

Get it!

Tangie

I'm so confused......

Ted

Whassup!!

nick

STAY STRONG GIRL! DONT LET OTHERS GET YOU DOWN!

nick

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT LET IMMATURE PEOPLE GET YOU DOWN! YOU ARE A STRONG WOMEN FOR BEING ABLE TO TAKE ALL THAT B.S. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE TRY TO DO THAT!

LIFE IS LIFE

OOOO MMMM GGGGG THIS IS VERY BAD...

nick

She is amazing. Sure she has problems, dont you? Are your problems out in the open for the entire world to see and judge you? No. Leave her alone...Let her be. Love you brit! Fan for life!

nick

They want a piece of you Brit! Dont let it affect you! Your so lucky for having everything that you have earned! Like the comment above me, STAY STRONG GIRL! And I agree...it takes a strong women to go through that BS. You are amazing!

Isn't there supposed to be....

a court hearing on the conservatorship today????? What is up with that????

noyankhere

am just happy that brits parents are holding the purse strings and are doing what they need to do to sort this girls messy affairs out once and for all. now ali the hanger on is batting for britney?. since when? since she found out that lufti was out and if she didnt change her tune she would be too.after all, he meet brit thru her skank ass . am no brit fan but i cannot stand cheating and lying fools..this whole set up around this girls STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN.. now, hopefully its unravelling and all you ma and pa haters can take a hike...

Moose

So it really is this difficult for lawyers to leave their client? If they want to quit, let them quit. As for Wasser, I really don't understand why she would want to get back in the middle of this.

jollyex

Trope and Trope needs to make up thier minds. They were all about representing her while she was locked up and now that she's out they don't want to deal with her? Very confusing.

poobear

do you blame this firm for bailing? they have a business to run they don't want their name in the mud with this nutzo family!
i wonder what the highest level of education the spears have reached? I bet it's the knocked up one with a GED.... Heee Haaw y'all!!!

sandykay

number 13 what site do you think you are posting on. watch out more food stapms and free checks are coming, go demos

Tara

All I can say is I have NEVER heard of so many continuances and rescheduled hearings in a case in all my life. JUST FRICKEN GET IT OVER WITH! What the h*ll is going to change between now and the 19th?? So go ahead, let's waste more tax paying dollars over this crap. Let them out, get them out, replace them with whoever, let's just get it over with.
Dad Spears will make sure all is taken care of, he will hire whoever he needs to so that she has proper representation, and it will probably be a better attorney than anyone at the Trope and Trope place.
In response to #11 - I never thought it was that hard for an attorney to quit. I have been through two divorce/custody battles (personally) and worked as a legal assistant for years. In my first divorce, my ex's lawyer quit when he quit being cooperative - he wouldn't answer phone calls or letters and finally, he violated the restraining order when he broke into my apartment and beat me up. His lawyer asked to resign from the case based solely on him being uncooperative and the judge granted it right then and there - no continuances! If he didn't have an attorney to replace her, well that was his own problem, not the judges. This is all about money.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments