TMZ Photogs Busted in Britney Sweep

2/20/2008 1:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The cops have cracked down bigtime on paparazzi -- no, not the ones who blow red lights. Not the ones who run cars off the road. Not the ones who threaten to kill people who get in their way. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is going after ... sidewalk violators!!!

By our count, six camerapeople were busted last night; two outside the salon where Brit was getting her hair done and four outside Villa nightclub where Lindsay was partying. Two TMZ photogs were among those busted.

One deputy is heard warning paps, "You're slowing down, you're stopping on my sidewalk." When asked what law the photogs were violating, a deputy cited West Hollywood Municipal Code, Section 3.04.030, the Traffic Safety Fund. That section funnels traffic violation money to bankroll traffic lights and other stuff.

One TMZ photog says he had just stepped off the sidewalk when he was cuffed and thrown into the back of a squad car for an hour. Another TMZ photog was hauled off to jail for 6 hours.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

StarrStruck

I almost feel bad for Brittany Spears. She always has a camera in her face. I hope she can be helped.

Raquel

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KANYE WEST IS A WHINEY LITTLE B!TCH!

kendell

I'll send the photogs a cake w/ a nail file

DMLady

GOOD!

Tangie

I have no sympathy for TMZ...you all act like animals. Quit making your money off some one's misfortune.

t

Oh no I'm so sorry Harvey! I believe we call this... just desserts.

jeff

Thank God!!!!!!!! Its about time!!!

Bengals Fan

How ridiculous!! I'd sue the city!! Are they arresting tourists too?????

Keith

Good for the police. the Paps are out of control. they should all be locked up.

KJ

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, good bye!!

Single Dad

IT'S ABOUT F_____G TIME, CALIFORNICA NEEDS TO PASS A LAW ON PHOTOS WHO GET IN THE WAY AND MAKE IT ROUGH ON THE PUBLIC (NO...NOT THE STAR, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY'RE OUT GETTING THEIR SHOTS TAKEN AND CUZING AT THEM JUST TO GET IN THE NEWS)...... THERE SHOULD BE A LAW ABOUT PHOTO'S WHO RACE AFTER THE STARS..............AND NO TO FACT THAT BRITNEY WILL BE THE NEXT DIANA.... BRITNEY WILL NEVER HAVE THAT MUCH CLASS......SO TELL ROSIE ODONALD THAT SHE IS WRONG ON THAT ONE

Whatever

Its about time! You paps dont give these people a moments peace and then whine when someone actually does something about it! good for the cops. How do I donate to their fund so they can keep busting you're a$$es?

Here 4 Beer

It's about time the cops stepped in.

Jayne

I hate the cops. This is a blatant abuse of authority. People can't even stand on the sidewalk now! So much for the First Amendment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments