Rihanna -- Please Stop the Music!

2/27/2008 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason the judges on "American Idol" tell contestants to steer clear of Mariah, Whitney and Celine -- no matter who you are, it's near impossible to measure up. Rihanna is not the exception.

In this video from an old high school talent show, RiRi tries to tackle "Hero," and though she starts out fairly strong, the song completely falls apart at the end. Not that Mimi's perfect either -- watching this is still easier than trying to sit through "Glitter."

davidL

beanie

that was terrifying. i cant wait to see that air!

p1tey1

Rihanna is on FIRE!!!! She's gorgeous and should really be a model.

ME

serious pitch problems, some of her songs are good but yeah i agree stay away from Whitney songs, she's the only one who can pull it off. Mariah.....she scretches too much.

Andrea

HORRIBLE. I cannot stand her voice.

Nia

It's not just this clip...she always sounds like she perpetually going through puberty!!!! The sound of her voice LITERALLY hurts my ears. I'm not sayin I don't like her music, seriously when I hear her sing, I truly get a headache! This woman is the most over-rated singer today! I think she got lucky with umbrella, cuz it's a good jam but that's it. Her voice consistently cracks over & over in her songs! When is everyone going to wake up about the actual quality of Rhiannas voice or lack there of????

Wow...

Why is this surprising??? Since when could she sing?

JAZZ

her voice gives me a headache...I have to turn it off everytime she comes on! her "Umbrella" song is hideous!!!!!! This chick can't sing!

Twinker

That sounds more like Jessica Simpson on a "good day"....

...

Nose job?

Stan

Good lord....

Yes, PLEASE Rihanna. STOP the music. You are NO exception. Only Whitney, Mariah and Celine can sing Whitney Mariah and Celine songs.

Spankynutz

What is she crazy?

i'm deaf now

.....oh, this is Rihanna?? i thought it sounded more like Fran Dresher

simoncowell

just goes to show you talent don't mean jack when you're an R&B star living in a world of voice editing machinery, as long as you're hot and marketable they'll put you along side a big name rapper to sell you.

Tipsey McStagger

Oh my! I was trying to sing Umbrella last week and I failed due to the fact that i could not even match her notes due to the fact that her voice has been ran threw some sort of crazy voice distoring machine for the better! This gal can not sing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments