Rihanna -- Please Stop the Music!

2/27/2008 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason the judges on "American Idol" tell contestants to steer clear of Mariah, Whitney and Celine -- no matter who you are, it's near impossible to measure up. Rihanna is not the exception.

In this video from an old high school talent show, RiRi tries to tackle "Hero," and though she starts out fairly strong, the song completely falls apart at the end. Not that Mimi's perfect either -- watching this is still easier than trying to sit through "Glitter."

Chykshyt

WHAT CAN I SAY.... the girl has as much talent as Jessica simpson, Britney Spears and LIndsay Lohan.....IMAO.
i do not see why Beyonce is jealous of Rihanna if this is exactly how she sounds......................but once again people remember...........in music entertainment it's not so much talent as it is looks...

sandyduncansglasseye

they should stay away from those songs becuase those songs suck

Kat

Her voice is just mediocre at best, but she is truly beautiful. Now Beyonce has the beauty and the talent!

Kat

How funny! Two Stephs in-a-row! What are the odds at that happening? lol

Ummm.

I don't need to watch this to know that Rihanna can't sing.

The only reason she has a career right now is because of her looks and that "pop sound" we all know and love. : |

ME

WE KNOW WHY JZ SIGNED HER, AND ITS NOT BECAUSE SHE CAN SING....

Carlos Anino

FINALLY Someone posted it! I sent it to Perez, but he's too in love with her to show this! Incredibly terrible! SO glad this got around! Nobody should ever attempt an MC song. I could watch Glitter 4xs over than have my ears bleed repeatedly when she does the bridge! Ouch!

SAxlerod

In this industry you don't have to be talented (thank Protools) just have a good engineer. Robyn is a piece of young ass and that's all that matters. I only help that she doesn't end up singing like Mariah and Janet Jackson. They're horrible and it shows.

Jake

That was.. WOW... I can't even think of words to say. I'll just go with what the headline here says "Please stop the music".

Alison

The same nasal crap she sings all the time....that girl can barely carry a tune. Somehow she got picked to be famous but she can't hit low notes or high notes she just kind of forces every song into her limited range. She is cute though.

fha secure rates

she's got the biggest forehead...just like tyra

Bobby

Was that an "audience track" I heard? LMAO

ValtrexMan

She makes Ashley Simpson sound like a REAL singer!!! She sounds more like OJ Simpson. She would not have even made the first round of American Idol!!! She is not pretty either!!! She needs a nose job and a better weave!!! She is not worthy of even being in the same room with Mariah ,Celine, or Whitney. She is only worthy of washing their toilets after they take a dump!!!!

Tracey

LMAO. Well, she *was* still in high school when she did this. Give the kid a break. LOLOL LMAO ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHA.... OK, OK, It was REALLY bad, but hey, the girl is an international singing sensation now making more than my ass has EVER seen, so I can laugh now, but she is having the last laugh. LOL (or is she?)

smells like Britney Spears

Is this really news. I mean, who didn't know Rihanna couldn't sing. Still I have to say she sounded better then than she does now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments