Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

Titangirl

I knew he didn't look like he worked for the Royal Family...
He wouldn't be on network tv, cooking with common people, if he worked for the Royal Family.

buxxy

Ya know, you might as well just fire the entire workforce everywhere...people sometimes unknowingly fib, white lie, stretch the truth, etc....the PC police are everywhere...it's nauseating...so the guy embellished, we all do. I bet you Food Network does plently of that too..all the time...I think Food Network needs their heads examined...if Martha Stewart can make a comeback, why not this guy...he will ... some other network will scoop him up and I'll be there ready to watch. I know, let's review the credentials of ALL the Food Network employees and see what we can find...I bet a 30 yd. dumpster wouldn't be big enought to handle all the garbage that endeavor generates....you go Mr. Irvine.

z

I bet that Ace of Cakes guy turned him in! ;-)

Seriously

Doesn't the food network ever do backround checks? WTF?
He was arrogant but not as obnoxious or annoying as Rachel Ray! What a loud mouth!
They should take Emeril off too, he's right up there with Rachel in annoying.

Penny

This sucks! He is very good at what he does! This has been a favorite show of mine. I cannot believe they canned him. Food Network please hire him back! He is fun and I agree no more Rachael Ray!!!!

Titangirl

I saw him looking at the young good looking male chef.

Robert Irvine is gay.

Grandmother Lohan

Now I hope he's lied about being straight!
He is a hottie!!!

Moose

#26

Nope. Not everyone lies about their credentials. That would be pretty stupid to do, because at some point in time that lie would come to light and that person could very well lose their job, regardless of how good of job they are currently doing. .The everybody does it defense doesn't wash, because not everybody does it. It is common sense. To allow someone to stay who lied about their credentials sends a bad message to everyone else working at the company.

I like Robert a lot and thought he did a great job, but after all that has taken place, I can see why he was let go and should have been let go.

How the he** can anyone unknowingly lie? Are you serious?

lifeasitshouldbe

The only Food Network show I ever actually watched. Too bad.

Synisjen

He screwed over so many from St. Pete. Don't mess with the Cigar City Families. Gets u the ax.

Titangirl

Yeah... people lied all the time. I met a guy named Dan, he claimed he work with Spike Lee.

And yeah he lied.

SusanC

Doesn't he look like Ben on Lost?

Spandex never looked better

Good riddance to the buck-toothed buffoon! He is so NOT hot!!

Seriously

Hey Jane,
Wrong number.

Thunder

I love that show, I understand he lied but couldnt they just talk about it behind closed doors and keep the show going?? I hope he gets another show cuz I will still watch him!!!!!!!