Van Halen Tour Unhinged

3/2/2008 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

PN

I can't believe that!!!! They were supposed to perform in Raleigh, NC on March 7th. The band's been on a roll since last fall with sold out concerts. I think that comment #10 might have been the death knell for the tour, the sound problems and the bad concert reviews from some major newspapers. It would have looked bad on the band had they continued. Also, Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife Valerie Bertinelli's week long blitz of promoting her new 280-page book on talk shows like Oprah Winfrey, Larry King, Today show and other outlets. When Valerie exploited their cheating on each other on TV, that had to have throw Eddie for a loop. He has to feel embarrassed and humiliated at this moment that their marriage is exposed in her new book.

just wondering

...good point...it takes two to tango though...and she deserves her point of view at this stage!!...althought I believe she is wrong for airing their laundry in public with a son and Eddie is being a even lesser example..poor kid!!!!!!!!!....soooooooo what else is new???selfish fricken parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girl

The tour lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Eddie and Diamond Dave, then add Valerie's book.

wondering?

The man has no teeth, its a good thing they did cancel the Big Hair hoedown. What a freak.

dallascowboys#1

Saw them in January, never thought they would last that long on the road ... sound was terrible, but that was so no one could hear Dave's terrible vocals ...

AL Tam

Dear god, what a disaster this comments section is. Quoting "Life in the Fast Lane" and solemnly channeling its wisdom? Embarrassing. "Stick a fork in them- they're done!" How long did it take you to hack that one up for the 24 millionth time? And the guy who sees fit to comment but had no idea Dave was with them? Your only excuse is if you're still high from 1978.

Lee

River rat, your name speaks for itself, you get a F&**G Life at least get out of the River!....

offtheproperty

Eddie & Britney...

cry baby

i just love Festus Hagan.

April Fouels

I BET VALERIE POSES FOR SOME (UNKNOWN) YEAH RIGHT, NUDIE MAGAZINE IN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS....

cry baby

Val would never pose for any nudie mag.

ballsonyourchin

This story makes me naseous........I saw them at Staples, and they were flat-out great. Eddie was Eddie again shredding like he was in his 20s again, and he looked truly at peace on the stage with his son, and the dude looked HEALTHY!!!

I know that a lengthy tour can wear down anyone in the business, but his ex-wife Valerie just couldn't stand it that things were going so well for Eddie and their son Wolfie, so she poisoned it like only she knows how!!! What an F'n bitch and what a horrible mother!!!

Ask yourself this: Doesn't the timing of her tell-all book and her appearances on Oprah, etc. seem a little suspect to you??
Yes, Eddie is an addict, and just like any addict anywhere in the word, he has to get through life "one day at a time," but a relapse is just right around the corner waiting for something or someone to make you miserable enough to want to fall off the wagon, and that is what happened here....
I'm so glad I got to see the best of VH on this tour........God speed, Eddie and Wolfie!! I wish the two of you well......peace

OIFVET

This blows, I busted my A#@ to get back from Iraq in time to catch the show tonight in Dallas. Been waiting a long time to see them.

OIFVET

right on Tambo, right on!

OIFVET

Tambo, I am here in Ft Worth listening to the Dallas radio stationsthat is promoting the concert for tonight. So far they still say the show is on. I also noticed the added dates to the tour today. WTF?