Van Halen Tour Unhinged

3/2/2008 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

Markbot

Maybe they can get Sammy to play guitar in Eddie's absence?

Dave K

Bridgette Williams reported in The Dallas Morning News at 10:56am CT that the American Airlines Center box office confirmed that Van Halen will be performing tonite. Here's the link....

lorri

wow. well i can say that when they played the amway arena in orlando on valentine's day, eddie was in fine form. he looked good. appeared to be un-intoxicated. played like nobody's business on guitar and at one point used a drill to play the guitar for some really crazy sounds! but he did not appear to have issues with anyone. he seemed proud to be playing with his son and he and dave seemed to get along pretty well. the songs all kicked ass! the show was simply the best i have ever seen them play! so i dont know where they are getting their information, but they might want to double check it. they seemed to be great to me when i saw them. others i know who attended echoed the sentiment that it was truly one of the best van halen shows they had ever seen. so i dont know but i think its a bunch of crap personally. they rocked when they were here, hands down and bar none a top notch performance by all.

Angelina

I can't believe any of you people. All a bunch of haters! Where are the real Van Halen fans that were fans since the beginning? This isn't TPain, Fergie or any other "dish pop" of the day. This is classic rock and roll like has never been heard or seen. Go whine with the little girls who didn't get Hannah Montanna tickets and leave EVH alone. Those of us who are real fans will be disapponted for sure, but always wish EVH and the band the best. None of this has been confirmed. There is a web site that is bragging that they started a rumor of the band fighting at a club AND that it involved Wolfgang! People believe this crap. I have tix for the VH concert 3/5/08 in Cincinnati. I have not heard anything legitimate confirmed that the show is cancelled. I saw them in Indianapolis 10/07 and my brother saw them in San Antonio 1/08, both shows AMAZING! All of you need to duck because there are some boulders coming to smash the glass houses you think you live in. VH forever!

Rob52575

I don't trust press as much as I trust the account rep. at the AAC who handles our company's account and we have tix for every event. I doubt they would send out that email without it being official from the Band.

Rob52575

Sorry Dallas...

lm

Patrick,

I agree with you. Let's hope for the best

Dallas

I just talked to someone at American Airlines Center Dallas who confirmed that the show IS cancelled tonight. I asked if they were rescheduling or if the tour was cancelled and he said they would have confirmation this afternoon and to check back.

DJMCKING

Saw them in Cleveland on October 10th 2007 (Dave's birthday 10/10) It was an awesome show! Glad I bought tix and made the trek back to my hometown to see them then rather than wait for this second leg that was to bring them closer to the southern part of the state I'm in now. Were to play Cincy this Wednesday, if its true...that they're kaput!

lm

Man, totally sucks. VAN HALEN POSTPONED in DALLAS. DAMN, I was at the Jan 26th show in Dallas this year (EVH's bday) and it was awesome. I had told my husband months before the show that I hope they make it til January, they did, but not for the second show. Sorry Dallas

lm

THE VAN HALEN SHOW IS POSTPONED ACCORDING TO THE AAC. SORRY DALLAS

Chris

I just read "breaking news" on kzps.com that the concert has been rescheduled to April 24th

john

Yes, official - it you can get to the AAC web site you can see it has been postponed - NO SHOW TONIGHT!! I am now officially pissed. DAMN!!! >8-(

Chris

Just read that Valerie is in Dallas today to do a book signing.....very nice planning there

Qknowsbest

He is SO gross. What that adorable Valerie Bertinelli ever saw in him is beyond me. Ewwwwww and grossssssssssss.