Heidi Montag's Stepbrother Dies in Accident

3/3/2008 12:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi MontagThe stepbrother of "Hills" star Heidi Montag has died in a freak accident at a hotel where he worked in Colorado.

Eric O'Hara, a member of the 82nd Airborne Division and a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, died a month after his discharge from the Army after falling off of an icy roof.

O'Hara was working at the Steamboat Grand Resort Hotel Thursday, helping to remove snow from the resort's roof. According to the Rocky Mountain News, he had just released a safety clip he was attached to so he could move along the roof when a piece of ice broke loose and he slid down the sloped roof and fell over the edge.

Heidi's father Bill married O'Hara's mother Terri.

In statement to TMZ, Heidi says, "Losing my brother, at an early age is such a tragedy. I just loved him more than anything. He was just so patriotic. He really wanted to go to and help and do all that he could for his country. He felt like it was his duty. I'll really miss him."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

anna

I originally read these and felt quite bad for her. Even though i don't particularly like her. Bu after seeing the video of her dancing and laughing in a club with slimey spencer only a few days after the deathe, my sympathy for her is gone. Shes getting as much publicity as she can out of it, which is awful, but true. I have not met one person over here in ireland who watches the hills that has a good word to say about her

grinch

I really don't like heidi at all, but when i heard about this i just felt really sad. It is wierd that no one ever wants to deal with death, but it lingers all around us. I just want to say Heidi no matter how much i hate you, i hope that you stay strong and just know now he is in a better place.

HoneyPuggy

I send my condolences to Heidi and her family. We should all know losing someone is a hard thing and it hurts. Nobody actually knows what's really going on in Heidi's life. All we know is from what we hear from the media and how they portray her. We as people don't know what she goes through from the outside looking in. All I have to say is let her live her life and give her space. That's what she needs. Give her and her family some respect.

Big Daddy

Very interesting, thanks

Brittany Lamb

Eric was my fiancée, my hero, my best friend and the love of my life. I want all of you to know that what we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immoral. Eric portrayed the best in all of us; he was a gift from God and a true angel. He served our country with honor and should be remembered and loved in the highest respect…PLEASE do me that favor - for he did us the favor of sacrificing his life in order to protect our freedom and our country.
Rest in Peace My Love
Always and Forever
In Loving Memory of Sgt. Eric. A. O'Hara
-Your Girl
Brittany

Brittany Lamb

Rest in Peace My Love
Always and Forever
In Loving Memory of Sgt. Eric. A. O'Hara
-Your Girl
Brittany

Brittany Lamb

I read some of these comments and cannot even believe how you could be so cruel...insult to injury - how could you be so cold hearted...i beg you...have some respect please.

leah

How sad....

Kelli

No matter how you feel about her, show some respect. We know she reads this. He served our country. Sad!!!

FlBiker

Ironically he was in the Airborne Division.
Happy Landings.............

beckey

shell just suck it dry for all the publicity.skank

fan

God bless

tressah

my condolances to the family, and heartfelt thanks for his service for our country..on the other hand, maybe she'll see that whoreing herself out isn't worth the price,(we don't like her anyway) and spending time with family is.

Tangie

My husband is a roofer, and I worry about this everyday.

Mimi

I'm not a big fan of Heidi's but I do want to send my thoughts and prayers out to her and her family. No matter what people think of her she is still human and I'm sure the loss of her stepbrother is hard for her. No one deserves to lose a loved one.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments