Judge Orders XtraJet to Pay Up in Jacko Flight

3/3/2008 5:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge has ordered the former owner of a charter jet company to pay uber-attorney Mark Geragos and an associate lawyer $2.25 million for secretly taping them and Michael Jackson aboard a chartered plane as Jacko was en route from Vegas to Santa Barbara to surrender to child molestation charges in November of 2003.

Geragos filed suit against the XtraJet, claiming the company videotaped the flight and tried to sell the tapes to the media for a sum in the high six figures. The lawsuit claimed this violated Jackson's right to privacy.

FOX News reported back in November of 2003 that the network had viewed the tape without audio and it showed a calm and often smiling and laughing Jackson drinking a soda and, at one point, spraying cologne.

Geragos had called the taping "one of the most outrageous acts I've seen in my 20 years of practicing criminal law."

Documents to follow.

Big Daddy

Very interesting, thanks

SexyGirl

FIRST!!

FlBiker

Aww, poor child molester had his rights violated, cry me a river.....

Gregg

When's his next concert?

crazysatangirl

That dude is scary looking!

crazysatangirl

what is doing back in the u.s!!! FREAKSHOW!

crazysatangirl

FREAKSHOW!

Twinker

Now he has almost enough money to buy back Neverland!

Micah

love you MJ!

me

I remember the XtraJet lawsuit. All of those who accused Jackson pay back. The mother of the lying accuser ended up in jail.

Shawn Covington

MICHAEL NEEDS A BEATING!

critch

I just want to say that the whole darn world has it out for a very talented and very vulnerable artist. Michael Jackson was very nieve when it came to having so many children at his home, it was bound to happen it could happen to anyone. When you got lots or had lots of money everyone wants t omake a buck even if that means lie, but scrutinizing him and filming him and judging him because he was nervous, and trying to maintain his sanity during this difficulty time in his life, anyone will act like a child because that is what happens when you are under pressure, nervous and in limbo not knowing what could happen when none of this is the truth. I don't believe Michael Jackson did any of those things they accused him of. He is not capable of doing those things. Their parents just needed money and found a kind spirited, nieve person to take advantage of. I feel for him he is an amazing dancer, amazing singer he is amazing and I still love Michael Jackson and always will love you Michael. I love your music your songs, videos and your have amazing talent I used to dance like you when I was kids, now I couldn't even attempt it. you are an idle in my world and I am and will always be your number 1 fan.

mja21

Now MJ might be available to save Neverland Ranch.

babs2bone

Maybe Geragos can donate some of the money and start a "rebuild Michael's nose foundation"...........

Ooooo Noooo!

Sex, Lies and Video Tape on board a private jet. Got to be more Hollyweirdness, ya all. How do you think they come up with a final number like two and a quarter million dollars? Seems excessive. I say give evey passenger on the plane an extra bag of peanuts and a flight coupon for a free trip. The courts are goofy, I tell ya what.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments