Spies Inside "Idol" Rehearsal Spill It

3/5/2008 8:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So today's "American Idol" rehearsal has just ended and here's what we got from our spies.
Idol Girls -- click to launch
David Cook and Michael Johns were talking while the girls were on the stage, discussing who was hot. At one point David said, "I would do her," pointing to someone -- sorry, we don't know who.

The worst performance was courtesy of Brooke White, though she looked the best. She sang a slowed-down, country version of "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar and it sucked. The best performance was Asia'h Epperson, who sang "I Want to Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston.

All the contestants were there and they have some kind of code, constantly referring to "shenanigans," which normally is a buzzword for hijinks, but they were clearly referring to something specific.

Danny Noriega and Ramiele Malubay are definitely best friends. He was on the side making a half-a-heart sign with his hands and she would complete the heart. The two talked about going to the mall for food after rehearsal.

David Cook was making fun of David Archuleta, like a big bro ragging on lil' bro. Cook was beaucoup arrogant during the rehearsal.

Seacrest sang "You Give Love a Bad Name" and was just as bad as yesterday, but lil' blondie freely admitted he was bad.

We're told they had 20 million votes for the guys last night -- a high for the season.

BigTicket

Skunk-Head better sing her butt off tonight, she has an uphill battle after that awful rendition of 'Carry On..." I actually hope she wins the thing though-she seems to be the only one of these people that is genuine.

pattie in cali

WHO CARES ??????????????????????

Cynic

David Cook never impressed me before, but I thought his version of "Hello" was SMOKIN'! He rocked that tune beautifully!

mommyof4

BLAH David Cook is ugly as all can be and he butchered "Hello" last night. I don't see the sex appeal with him AT ALL. I can't stand the guy and can't wait for him to go home.

The Future Mrs. Archuleta

David Archulata is so cute. VOTE 4 DAVID ARHCULETA!

Idolfan

I wish they would show tape of Seacrest singing... it would be hysterical! Also, it's nice to see the friendships developing between the contestants. You can tell they really care about each other. Personally, I think David Archuleta is going to win.....

ManaPonj

Brooke worst performance of the night? Hardly!

Michelle

#13--Pattie--you care,or you wouldn't be reading about it, or taking the time to write in about it!!

BigTicket

Amanda Overmyer is going to win for two (2) reasons. One, she can sing better than the rest of the pop music spewing bucketheads she's pitted against. And two-the website 'Vote For The Worst dot com' has chosen her to be this years poster girl.

MemeL

I thought that Amanda and Carly both rocked tonight!!!!They were totally awesome. Last night I thought Jason and David C. rocked. Truth being said, yes David A. can sing but does he sing the kind of music that will well idol albums? Probably not!!! At least not long term. All the tweens will vote for him and all the little ladies over 65 will vote for him (why because he's a cute, sweet boy), but let's face it, sweet and cute don't sell albums that go Platinum like Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood and might I add, Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington and Kellie Pickler to that list. What sells albums? Rock and country have more album sells than all other jonres of music. American Idol is not about who is popular or cute, it's about who can sing the best and has the most potential. America needs to open their ears and close their eyes to choose who sings the best and deserves to be the next American Idol. But we all know how that goes from some of the past seasons of A.I. Luckily there are record producers out there that will see the potential of other idol contestants and those deserving will get there opportunity to shine whether they win A.I. or not.

Gina

Stop spoiling it. At least put it under a cut.

Tmoney

haha Ryan Seacrest singing i want to see this Someone Know where i can see this lol ?

Misha

DAVID COOK HAS A COMBOVER. HE WINS THE AWARD FOR THE UGLIEST IDOL CONTESTANT.

Shae

Brooke was great she got a standing ovation.

LA

this is at least partially wrong - i just watched the show and Brooke was NOT the worst - Katie was bad, and contrary to Simon's opinon, Amanda wasn't all that great. I love Asia'h and she was REALLY good, but not sure if I think the best...Carly is by far the best so far on this show.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments