David Archuleta Gets Schooled

3/6/2008 4:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David ArchuletaHe may be the one to beat on "American Idol," but David Archuleta still has a lot to learn!

The 17-year-old gets on-set tutoring for three hours a day while on "Idol," but TMZ has obtained the required reading list of lil' David's 11th grade class at Murray High School.

While David has been belting out John Lennon and Phil Collins classics, students at his Utah high school have been trudging through the classics like "Catcher in the Rye," "The Crucible," "The Great Gatsby," "Macbeth," "Much Ado About Nothing," and "Hamlet." Will he win or not win -- that is the question!

William

Cook won because Simon fixed the show to make him the winner, On may 20, everybody saw and heard that Archuleta was better than Cook,they declared hin THE WINNER, THE STAR, THE BEST, YOU ARE WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT and the next day, Cook won...hello !!!! WAKE UP AMERICAN, simon took your money and fixed the show...ARCHULETE IS THE BEST, HE IS WORLD IDOL, HE IS THE AMERICAN IDOL...we must say it..the world must know that show was fixed for Cook

martha burnidge

David is the one to win. It is the first time in my life I have ever gotten emotional over a preformance. I would love to meet him before i pass on. And I truely hope he keeps his true innocents!!!!!!!! love him

a7xlover

okay first off im getting sick and tired of david Archuleta he's not even that good people just vote for him cuz they think he's cute and looks like a lame zac efron he will end up in the top 2 or winning which is stupid because this show isnt even a talent show anymore it's just popularity the top three talented on that show would be david cook, carly smithson and michael johns which got voted off cuz america is stupid!

ArchuletaLove

OmG I love DAVID ARCHULETA.......AMERICAN IDOL GIVES BACK WASSOOO AWESOME...I WON TICKETS ON KIIS FMAND I WAS LIKESOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO READ THOSE BOOKS TOOO.....I THINK HE DESERVES TOWIN WITH ALL THAT TALENT AND ALL THAT HARD WORK BY STAYING IN SCHOOL, BUT YET PERFORMING FOR US!!!!!! I LOVE DAVID

carrriieee

lol, my class is hellof reading "The Crucible" right now. lol.

Danimal

slow news today huh? If all you have to say is even knowing David Archuleta is on Idol and still getting tutoring then you must have like nothing going on so it;s like this:
"Wow nothing today oh wait heres one. David archuleta is learning and on american idol maybe people will care! And it will ruin him muwahahaha!"
LOSERS!

Mauigirl

FIRST! Go David! YOU ARE GREAT!

JuliaWarhol15

WOW!

jeezlouise

DORK-TASTIC!

Kole

Wow what a great Exclusive?!?!?! Slow news day or what?

Mandalyn

Isn't there ANYTHING else going on besides American Idol? So boring, TMZ...

JuliaWarhol15

Oh, shawww! Like whats up? I finally get the first comment in a story and NO ONE ELSE wants to comment. Now I feel all losery and sort of isolated...

c-rock

He's okay I guess ...but that loud breathing technique is very distracting.

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Maybe it's me , but now when i see this kid all i can think of is how he gave L.D. to stinky odd perverts .. ooooooo Y.U.C.K. he'll probably win cause of all the empty souls like him voting . oooooo Y.U.C.K. he's so dirty .

FIGHT

That just shows what these child stars miss out on. I seriously doubt he's going to read any of those books. :-(

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments