Horton Hears an Abortion Protest

3/8/2008 10:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

All hell broke loose at the Hollywood premiere of "Horton Hears a Who!" today when a group of pro-lifers infiltrated the screening, then chanted anti-abortion slogans after the flick.

The theme of the movie is based on the motto: "After all, a person is a person, no matter how small." So the pro-lifers thought it was a good idea to use this theme to their advantage -- even though their complicated message was falling mostly on the ears of children.

The stars in attendance included Victoria Beckham and her three kids, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, Steve Carell and all 12 contestants from "American Idol."

After the chanting ended, the group put red tape over their mouths that said "Life" on them, and paraded around the event.

Shouts of protest were returned by some in attendance, including, "This is a kid's premiere," "How dare you," and "Do you really care that much about this?"

Previous 15 Comments | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27

katie

Can I just say in regard to kelli's comment that regardless of your views on abrotion, it IS NOT a form of birth control. I'm sure the church frowns more upon the abortion then the prevention of a pregnancy in the first place. WISEN UP!!!!!!!!!

Baseball Junkie

katie, I don't think anyone considers abortion a good form of birth control. The person who posted the original comment later explained that it was posted merely to see how many people rose to the bait. Apparently there are many people here who do not read the entire thread before jumping on the bandwagon. You are merely the latest.

Go Sox

vjean

Ok Kelli--BIRTH CONTROL< PLANNED PARENTHOOD< ABSTINENCE

Anita

How does the right to life movement get the attention of America? These are people who are 100% convinced that it is simple murder to kill a baby who is supposed to be growing safely inside it's mother's womb.

It's a huge financial industry. The child being aborted feels pain. It is unfortunate that people must see the vile reality in order to grasp the seriousness of the matter.

We presume that Dr Seuss had no idea his books about Horton would become a poweful parallel about the world view of abortion or any unheard, violated targets of genocide. There are "Horton's" who beleive that there is an unheard, yet loudly crying mass of unborn endangered human beings and the ones who are bent on destroying them are the ones who do not understand or do not accept that an unborn child is indeed a human being.

there are many who think deeper thoughts and can see this as far more than a simple amusing childs story - and a child will probably "get it" easier than a typical adult. Grown ups just go for the entertainment.

life is a choice

PRO CHOICE ALL THE WAY

Nanlisa

Abortion is murder against the unborn and the teachings of both the Bible and the Catholic Church! No ifs, ands, or buts! Exodus 20:13 says "Thou Shall Not Kill"! Inside the mother's womb is a human baby created in the image of God. It is not a blob of tissue. She does not have the right to take that life that's inside of her.

There are millions of childless couples who are loving and willing enough to raise these so-called "unwanted" children. It's better if the kid came back 18 years later and asked "Why did you give me up for adoption?" instead of breaking God's Commandment of Thou Shall Not Kill.

Instead of using condoms and birth control, which is against the teachings of the Church, parents should teach their kids to remain pure, chaste, and virgins until the wedding night. Once they get married, then they can have all the sex they want; but only with the spouse. Sex is a beautiful gift from God that is only to be used between the husband and the wife inside the bonds of marriage. All sex outside of marriage is a sin! Even St. Paul said to flee ***********.

Women who have had abortions can still seek God's love and forgiveness. Jesus came into the world to save sinners and to die on the Cross for us. God hates sin, but He loves all sinners.

II Chronicles 7:14 also says, "If My people which are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face, then I will hear from Heaven, I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land. America can be healed and restored.

We must continue to stand up against sin and live by God's laws. After all, His ways are the best ways to live by.

Nanlisa

As pro-lifers, we are both for the baby and the woman. We're giving that woman with the unintended, unplanned, or crisis pregnancy a choice. We're telling her that she doesn't have to have an abortion. There are homes for unwed mothers. There are adoption agencies. There are organizations such as Birthright. Jerry Falwell even had a home for unwed mothers that was run by his church. Also, one of my local parishes has even taken up a collection of baby items to give to a local home for mothers and their babies.

Think for a moment: what if these famous people who were born dirt poor or handicapped had been aborted: Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Oprah, Sophia Loren, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Helen Keller, Heather Whitestone (Miss America 1995; the only Miss America to ever have a disability-she's deaf) Marlee Matlin (the only deaf actress to ever win the Oscar for Best Actress), Jose Feliciano, Cher, and Diana Ross. President Kennedy had a retarded sister. Did Rose abort her? No. On the MTV shows Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant, did these girls chose to abort their babies? No. Despite their hardships, they gave life to those babies.

I'm a single 53-year-old woman who was raised in a family of eight kids; six brothers, one sister, and myself. Four of my brothers are mentally handicapped, but sadly, one of them died 10 years ago. I thank God that my mother didn't choose to abort us.

To all those who support legal abortion and a so-called "woman's right to choose", you should get down on your knees, pray, and thank God that your mothers gave life to you.

PRO-LIFE ALL THE WAY. AND ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, LIKE I ALWAYS DO, I AM VOTING PRO-LIFE! Vote Pro-Life.

Thank you.

JD

I know I am a little late to this post but Horton Hears a Who was just on and it was the first time I had seen it and the message hit me full force! Awesome! Ali your words of encouragement are blessings to those around you. Alicia as you know there are 2 primary victims of abortions the mother and child. Your courage to speak out is refreshing. Thank You. I am impressed as I was certain from TMZ it would be filled with pro abortion posts. Proved me wrong. I am encouraged by the seemingly young speaking out on the issue there is hope for this generation yet! Don't give up!

JD

"Do you really care that much about this?"

Yes I do