Simon: Do You Wanna Know A Secret -- You Suck!

3/11/2008 7:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tonight the contestants have a challenge. Take a sad song and make it better. They're singing Beatles songs. Click on the gallery and find out who's singing what.
Click to launch!

Preston

Well, the last episode I watched was the one in which a very good and talented singer Mellinda Doolittle was sent home. I felt at that time that American Idol was not a show about musical talent, but rather a beauty contest! I find it rather funny that all of the people that have really made a name for themselves are the ones that never made it to the end. And I can honestly say that I have listened to all of the individuals who have won at the time they released their album and all I can say is that not one of them sang or gave a performance like the ones that didn't win. And for a singer such as Ms. Doolittle to take a back seat to Jordan Sparks! Oh Please! And look at the girl that won the oscar for Dreamgirls... Now that is a voice! that would blow any of them into realizing what music and talent really is! So for me no more American Idol! One beauty pageant is enough for me a year. It would be nice to see them actually produce a big name star that has come in first place though.

Geoffrey Tyler

Dude's....david cook rocked. but he totally ripped off that arrangement of Eleanor Rigby. I mean note for note..totally the same. check out this band called Doxology from Seattle. The arrangement is totally theirs. www.myspace.com/dxband or dxband.com
it's crazy. that's not cool. they should get credit for THEIR awesome arrangement. check it out. you'll see

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

g.tyler
dave cook can do any version of the song he wants,when other contestants do other version's of song the bands and artists are not given credit,once in a while the judges will say say "oh that is so and so's version".he did not rip it off he just sang another version of the song.

pamela

Simon Cowell is dead right when he said that Katharine McPhee is not a quality songstress. She is only good for county fairs and Playboy

markvacc

Simon is right 90+% of the time. He tells it like it is, very refeshing. I've agreed with Simon the same amount. He rocks as a judge.

They need to change the show now anyway. Forget country week, beatles week etc. Put all the years for rock in a hat and draw one each week. Idols would have to sing a song that came out that year. I don't want to see anymore celebrity judges, they suck. After hearing all the music over the years, I think the Beatles are overrated anyway. I think they were lucky to hit the US at the right time because most of their songs pale in comparison to the 70s and 80s.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

pattispage
simon cowell is alway's right!!!!!!!!!!!

everybodybody says he was wrong about jennifer hudson but as she got better and uped her game he said she was great,when he said kimberley locke needed to lose weght everyone wents nut's,look who just lost 40 pounds...just sayin.

Gospel Elvis

I want them to do Elvis songs!!!! C'mon already guys!!!

SP

Saw the show and Chikezie was the best one!!!!!!!!

coop

Jason Castro needs to loose the dreds!
He would be so much hotter without them!!

artsylady

Isn't anyone else sick of the obnoxious comments that Ryan makes on every program towards Simon????? I have started recording the show so I can fast forward through his smart a-- comments. Grow up. In case you haven't noticed the contestants respect Simon's opinions above the other two judges.....................and anxiously await each week for his approval. Yes he is abrupt but totally honest.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3