Britney Green Lit By TV Cast; Shunned by Alicia

3/12/2008 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected to the TV show "How I Met Your Mother" tell TMZ the cast members were told Britney wouldn't be on the show unless they said it was ok. They met with her and they liked her -- they really, really liked her!
Brit, Alicia
We're told the entire group of actors approved Brit. She was, as one of them put it, "laid back and collected."

We're told Brit will play the receptionist for Ted, Josh Radner's character. But that wasn't the original plan. Alicia Silverstone was supposed to go on the show and Britney was then asked to play her receptionist, but Alicia didn't want to be upstaged and refused to play ball. Unclear if Alicia has backed out altogether.

PATTY

I'm glad Brit Brit is doing a Tv.. appearance; I love her, and I wish her the best. And about Alicia Silverston, nobody even cares about her after she went to the dark side. she's a lost cause.

Helen

Definitely a scheme to try and boost ratings. They've sandwiched the show between that geek show and 2-1/2 men hoping people are too lazy to change channels and thus increase the shows viewers. By the way, their is no actual "acting" in that show. It is just a stream of one-liners, usually old, stale sexual innuendos with no surprises and the cast is a weird collection of has-beens that don't even really fit together very well. Britney should do ok because it is not a demanding role, much like her part in that movie she did. (How come her fans never mention the name of that movie? Crossroads. Crossroads.) Why would Alicia want to associate herself with anything Britney does? Alicia actually looks more like Britney's sister than a mother and has several less chins. If Alicia's doing a guest appearance for her own publicity Britney would just take away from that. Not because Britney is great at anything but because everyone fawns all over her despite the despicable person she has grown to be. I'm guessing most of you didn't catch the sarcasm in the statement about how they are looking forward to working with a new and refreshing actress? Wouldn't surprise me if her skit involved several blacked-out crotch shots.

fineness

Alicia silverstone is a has-been. and whats's the deal with her mouth? to me , the way her mouth is lopsided, it always looked like she had a stroke.....as for britney, at least she's not sitting in the back of an ambulance, because she can't cope. hopefully, this girl will get back on track

raggedy

Britney green lit

Bubblebunny

Upstaged by poor little Britney ! LMAO !

ascasc

Brit can't act

PM

Good for Brit.

gullibleminions

don't blame Alicia S. Not one bit..

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

alicia silverstone waz really cool with movies like clueless in the 90s and brits really cool i think they would have been good together!!

Thats One Ugly Skanky Hoe

One hit wonder Silverstone better take all the parts offered to her. She isnt that great of a boxoffice draw and I hear her movie roles and paychecks are few and far between. I hope Britney strips on the show.

wtf

I don't think anyone will miss Alicia's appearance, she's a has been.

had enough of britney

how can you say Britney can't act. She has been acting like a singer for years, and by her record sales in the past, fooled alot of people.

I wish her luck.

pimp

Good for Britney....getting those two men out of her life and bringing back the family (as screw up as they are) have been a good thing in her life.

HeyYa

Life's a bitch and then you die so why try to move ahead
When with every move you make, you get closer to death

Hard to listen and solutions puttin stops to them
Can't advise me lest you walked in my mocassins
Who are you to pose the question to me, why?
Life's a bitch and then you die

It never gets any better than the last time
Every night I kneel by my bedside, pray to God and ask why
people do the things they do, offendin you
You make it big and yup, they're a friend to you
And when you fall on your face it's real funny
Those pretendin, everything is centered around the money

Life's a bitch.. and then you die
Life's a bitch.. and then you die
Life's a bitch.. and then you die
Life's a bitch.. and then you die, and then you die

Can't make a move, cause now you got a whole lot to lose
You know what you gotta do when you do it, most won't
Damned if you do, damned if you don't
But I just want you to know the what when where how and why
Life's a bitch, and then you die