It Wasn't Mary Ann's Mary Jane!

3/12/2008 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dawn WellsAs TMZ reported yesterday, "Gilligan's Island" star Dawn Wells was busted with marijuana in her car, but it turns out the pot didn't even belong to her!

Well's lawyer says a third party came forward and claimed full responsibility for the marijuana. We're told the third party was in possession of Dawn's car that day and had left the joints behind.

Her lawyer claims the reckless driving charge was not the result of alcohol, but Dawn fumbling around for the heater control.

Dawn got a five-day jail sentence but it was suspended. She received the standard fine/informal probation for the offense.

DancingSpiderman

Mary Ann may have had some Mary Jane, but we ALL know that Lovie was the REAL CRACKIE!

Very nice lyrics, 5cent! I heard the song to your lyrics.

TarisMoon

So By the way, How`s Ginger Doing??I hear she`s STILL a bomb Shell!! Oh Yea Marieann..........what do you expect from a 60`s Chick!! Love Ya Babe!!!!!!!!!!

robert of MN

Did she say to the police officer:
"Just a minute officer, I'm talking to Menerd G. Krebs, he says life is good and god bless."

KA

I never thought much about her, but now I like her.

Smokey

That's funny, when I got arrested for an open container in my car my friend told the police it was his container. I had not been drinking at all that night, yet they said since it was MY car the open container was in I still had to go to jail and pay a fine.

Kat

Wasn't she involved in an incident a few years ago sending some weed to Bob Denver??

FlBiker

Free Mary Ann!!

Britney Spears 4Evah

oh, please. She's a pot-head. She has said so herself.

Kat

I remember now. Bob Denver was busted for some weed in 1998 when it was mailed to his home in West Virginia. He said that he got it from Wells, but when he went to court he said that he received it from "some crazy fan".

joshua

Mailing pot via the USPS is about one of the smartest things you can do!!!

Donna

Aww. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping she was a stoner chick.

B.D

NOW THAT'S A TRUE FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!! TALK ABOUT STEPPING IT UP, AND TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM !!!!

YOU GO FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA...

tracey

She looks baked in that photo but god bless the liar that keeps Grandma out of jail!

mariansaz

LOL! How did that conversation go down? "Dude,,,, (bong sounds in background) it was my weed. Viva La Mary Ann! (giggles in background, more bong noises) Hang up. Maybe we should all call and claim responsibility for the weed.

Spot

LOLOL

How stupid this court must be ...

How many times have we hear the old " uhhh ... I was just "holding" it for a friend " excuse ?

Smoke on Mary Jane !