Jamie Lynn - Raisin' Baby in La., Not L.A.

3/13/2008 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Lynn SpearsIt looks like lil' Jamie Lynn Spears is going to be raising her little man in K-wood rather than subject him to H-wood and the crazy media cauldron his aunt Brit subjected J.J. and Sean to.

A source tells MSNBC that J-Lynn is building a nursery in Kentwood, La., near the rest of the family, and that it's being designed by Petit Tresor, which also did J. Lo's nurseries. Apparently, Britney is paying for the ocean-themed room, and shelling out more than $30,000 for it (even though she's only getting $1,500 per week allowance.)

Of course, remember that Britney was going to keep Jayden in Louisiana for a while – but we all know that didn't really pan out.

Britney's Mom Meets "Met Your Mother"

So Britney Spears began shooting her guest spot on CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" yesterday in L.A., and, appropriately enough, Brit's mom came by to see her kid.

Usmagazine.com reports that Lynne visited Brit's trailer (insert socioeconomic zinger here), and that Britney was costumed up in what sounds like the most demure thing she's worn in years: a blue shirt, black heels, glasses, and a "secretary-style" skirt.

As TMZ reported yesterday, Alicia Silverstone, who was supposed to play the "Mother" of the title, backed out of the role when she learned Britney was involved.

Party Favors: $4,300 for "Kristen"? A Bargain in Vegas ... China Clamps Down on Connick, Jr.

With everyone talking about how high-priced Eliot Spitzer's call girl was, Vegas Confidential talks to a former madame who says that the Gov. was driving "a Saturn" when he could've been taking a Cadillac for a spin, at least by Nevada standards. ... Chinese authorities stripped Harry Connick Jr.'s show of much of its music after they didn't want the crooner singing certain songs – and forced him to play largely alone.

Twinker

jack54....So it is ok to be caught in a cycle of ignorance like the rest of her family? I can think of dozens of my students who would love to have 30K given to them for "room decorations"...They would use it to change their entire lives..and those around them for the better. Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is a hindrance.

I am sure Jamie Lynn doesn't have the self-discipline nor motivation to educate herself. I find that educated people have a much better standard of living...because they are AWARE of the world around them...and what parent doesn't want to be AWARE for their child?

stop the madness

The spears daughter are rubish a bad example for young girls.No wonder this country is going down

aSiF

Yankee - "Given the situation".............so you're grading on a curve? What I hear you say is that because Jamie Lynn decided to have the baby in lieu of excercising one of her other options she's a better person than other girls her age? That's just silly. You make blanket statements and then seemed irritated when your'e questioned.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Teacher, you are comparing apples and oranges. You make it sound like Britney gave Jamie Lynn her last penny for the nursery and now the entire family is going to be on welfare. There is enough money in Spears family where $30,000 is a drop in the bucket. Jamie Lynn, in her own right, more than likely has mucho dollars between the TV series, guest appearances and the already done deal to sell the baby pictures. So, I do believe that IF Jamie Lynn chooses to go on to college (which I would hope that she does), she won’t have to worry too much about paying for it. The $30,000 spent by Britney on the baby’s nursery is a non-factor in whether or not Jamie Lynn chooses to further her education. Yes, $30,000 is a lot of money and could certainly change the lives of many but we’re not talking about the average Joe here. I would bet that Shilo Jolie-Pitt, Suri Cruise, Violet Affleck, Emme and Max Lopez-Anthony, Coco Arquette, Kingston “Stefani”, the Beckham boys, Sadie Sandler, the “Klum” kids etc. etc. etc. more than likely did not have their nurseries decorated by the average department store. So why all the hoopla about baby Spears? Because tmz can get away with ragging on anything and everything Spears.

But, I still stand by my original statement (which is all that I directed at you): An educated mother does not necessarily make a better mother. My mom did not have a college degree. I do. Am I a better mother? To be honest, I’m really not sure. I do know that IF I'm as good of a mother as my mom was, I've done something right and it may not have to do with the diploma hanging on the wall.

aSiF

Do ahead on Jack54...............you put Jack 1 thru 53 to shame!!!! :)

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

?

YankeesRule

Don't try to make friends with other posters (Jack54) you POSER! That was directed to you ........................aSiF....................... If you're not bright enough to READ and INTERPRET my posts, then too bad for you. My "given the situation" post... meant nothing like how you tried to portray it. Your interpretation of what I said is stupid. At what point did you think the implication was that... because she kept her baby, I felt that she was a better person than other girls her age" that didn't chose that route?!?!?!? HUH! Anyway, for those of you WITH a brain, (and therefore probably require no further explanation).... YOU knew that I meant the bottom line is- she was raised in the same family of chaos as Britney. Britney handled her fame, fortune and life like a lose cannon, spinning out of control daily. Just the sole fact that Jamie Lynn has seemingly taken a different route than her trashy/poor excuse for a mother, sister did, speaks volumes! She could have moved into the same spotlight that Brit drowns in. Instead she's trying to adhere to a "normal" life in her hometown and be free of all the chaos that surrounds her family. She MAY turn out the same, only time will tell, and she obviously had a poor excuse of a mother herself. BUT......... for now it appears that she's the brightest bulb in the family, and is staying far away from all the non-sense. "Given the situation," means that- what's done is done. She's already pregnant. She can only go forward from here.... and all I'm saying is she SEEMS to be on the right track. And I feel that it's probably because she had her sister's crappy example of HOW NOT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now do you understand, smarty?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

aSiF

Yankee Rules, so much hostility. Relax, it's not your life. Jamie's not going to stay out of the lime light. Not a chance. You really need to lighten up. You think I'm stupid, WOW! Think much of yourself? No doubt you're a liberal, only liberals get so pissed at people with differing opinion. Because you are so wise, and I'm so "stupid" I'll refrain from further comment. Hope the air is fine up there!

SUZANNE

GET OFF HER BACK. So she is pregnant, so she is only 16. With the money she made on ZOEY she should have enough to live well and take care of her baby. She is not like most 16 old that become pregnant. She has alot more options than the rest of us.. Hopefully her parents haven't ripped her off to bad.

gullibleminions

27. ThankYOU jack54~~~ please STAY OUT! And really, your personal information is absolutely made up, with thekind of mind you portray....we are better with out your overblown sense of self perception. And this 16yr.old would do a new born human being a world of good by allowing a real mother and father to raise the child. Like that's gonna happen? we'll see...
good day folks, just had to get that out....it's better now
!!!!

Posted at 11:12AM on Mar 13th 2008 by carpediem

Apparently it's ba-a-a-a-a-a-c-c-c-k-k-!

YankeesRule

Just do yourself a favor and re-read both my posts, and your posts. I only have so much of a tolerance for stupidity, sorry if I came across hostile to you. That's just because I had to take several posts just to make my point to you. Had you gotten it after the first post, it would be done and over with by now. Adios smarty.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Some posts are just not worth reading let alone responding to, right carpe diem? You sound like a lunatic.

aSiF

Yankee, you started off by dissing Brit, calling her this and that....I stated what had been reported a number of times - she has a mental illness. You jumped all over it. Perhaps, I (smarty) could have better understood had you not used so many words to make your point. You know how us stupid people can be AND you have such little tolerance for those that don't agree with you. Perhaps TMZ is not the place for you....Oprah has a site.

YankeesRule

I thought you were going away! What happened aSiF ???????? :) Here is part of your earlier post, smarty... " - so you know Brit personally? You have access to her medical records?"

Which proves my point handily. Neither one of us have any proof of her so-called mental disorder/ illness. It's been suggested AND dismissed that Brit has bi-polar disorder. There is nothing concrete that I've seen. And by your statement, I guess you can only sat the same.

Call me liberal, hostile... call me whatever you want. My whole point remains solid. She stays out of the spotlight, especially now that she's in the position she's in. And for that I commend her. For not duplicating the crazy life that Britney has imposed on her children. For wanting to do better (at only 16 years old) than the poor example that family has given her. I think she's on the right track. And in THAT family.................. that's AMAZING!

aSiF