2Pac's Shooting: Diddy Didn't Do It

3/17/2008 1:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean "Diddy" Combs and James "Jimmy Henchman" Rosemond are furious over an L.A. Times article today that implicated them in the 1994 shooting of 2Pac.
Tupac, Diddy
The shooting -- which occurred at Quad Recording Studios in N.Y., two years before his "death" -- has never been solved and no charges have ever been filed. But an L.A. Times report out today claims the FBI has received new information that ties the shooting to two associates of Diddy: Rosemond and promoter James Sabatino.

In a statement, Diddy says, "This story is a lie. It is beyond ridiculous and is completely false. Neither Biggie nor I had any knowledge of any attack before, during, or after it happened. It is a complete lie to suggest that there was any involvement by Biggie or myself. I am shocked that the Los Angeles Times would be so irresponsible as to publish such a baseless and completely untrue story."

Sabatino is currently in prison for unrelated crimes, but Rosemond says he has never been questioned by police over the shooting. Rosemond attacks the writer of the article, Chuck Philips, by saying he "has reached a new low by employing fourth-hand information from desperate jailhouse informants along with ancient FBI reports to create this fabrication." Philips has been covering the 2Pac shooting and his eventual murder for years, but told AllHipHop.com this weekend, "I don't believe that Biggie and Puffy set Tupac up [to be shot]."

Rosemond added that he is "currently consulting with my attorneys about my legal rights regarding this libelous piece of garbage."

2Pac had long-claimed that Diddy and Notorious B.I.G. were involved in the shooting.

Steve

It was 1996

Steve

He was shot in '94, too.

Nuff_Said

I SMELL ANOTHER RAP WAR BREWING...REVENGE FOR BIGGIE.....HEY Y'ALL LOVE NOT WAR

Michelle

I have heard that the reason Tupac was murdered is he threatened to expose P diddy, Jay-z and many others that they were a part of the "down low club"

Hol

Who gives a rat's ass?

pimp

Not only did he shoot Tupac, but he also stole his music.

P Diddy has learned well from the white man

Amy

Ummm...please excuse my ignorance, but what is the 'down low club'?

Lea

Hummm... Diddy is credible? Trustworthy? Quite hilarious that anyone would accept him on a serious note.

JACK FROST

The down low club refers to men who have recreational sex with other men but who don't necessarily consider themselves to be gay. Its like instead of playing poker or golf with their buddies, they have sex.

Spor500

Who Cares! Tupac's and Biggie's memory is being whored out to the masses. Diddy had been using the death of Biggie as a marketing tool since day one. Tupac's body wasn’t even cold and in the ground before Death row looted his legacy.

Let them rest in peace.....................

B.

LA Times has it all backwards. Puff didn't kill Pac. Puff killed Biggie. Why? Who has gained the most off of Biggie's death? Where was Puff's career before Biggie died? Sidekick at best. As SOON as Biggie died, and Puff did that "I'll Be Missing You", song Puff got huge.
It's a slam dunk. Puff killed Biggie. No doubt.

flatdawg

"down low club" = gay sex

Liz

"Rosemond, to contact his attoney about this libelous piece of garbage"! I doubt very seriously that Rosemond even knows what "libelous" means much less how to pronounce it!

jes88

"2Pac had long-claimed that Diddy and Notorious B.I.G. were involved in the shooting"

Excuse me but what did I miss? Was 2pac shot at more than once? Was there another shooting? How could Pac claim they were involved.....if he was dead?

kim

Not only did Diddy have something to do with the death of Tupac in 95, I feel he killed Biggie too, he is nothing without him!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments