Amanda Overmyer Is THAT Famous?

3/22/2008 7:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ousted "Idol" finalist Amanda Overmyer made her way through LAX this morning -- with the help of a security escort. She needs a security escort? Really?

Amanda told our camera guy she's not surprised she got the boot -- she didn't even vote for herself! Well, at least she has good taste.

ladyxx

She was one smart lady in spite of the bad hair. I think you will see her again. Yep, lots of nasty mean people posting here. Get a life!!

April Fouels

I seen her sing once, and the impression i remember is that her distinct voice reminded me of Janice Joplin.

Ben

I agree with Maguire...never heard of her

Ben

If she sounds like Janis, maybe I should give her a listen...loved Janis Joplin

shari

Amanda you were great. It's sad when the public judges you by your looks when its all about what inside a person. You were yourself and didn't act like someone you weren't. Great Voice!!!!

DARK MEAT ONLY

Amanda will show up again. She has a style that's not American Idol's preferred format. Plus, she wasn't selling sex as her main ingredient, like that chick from last season, who lasted until the top 7.

Anti-Society

Is this the Beetlejuice chick?

Kell1958

Personally I loved her "dry" sense of humor. Amanda, you just be true to yourself and you'll go a long way. I wish the best for you. Take Care.

just wondering

..u gotta respect a nurse!!!!!!!!!!...she is very talented and doors have been opened!!!...GOOD LUCK!!!!!...fan from Toronto!!!!!

Ben

You know, even if I don't know who this girl is...it's SO impolite and obnoxious to try and get through an airport with an annoying question hound following you around. Like it's not a pain enough at an airport without a reporter up your azz...she handled it better than most.

Deb KP

Have all you turds forgotten about the singing!? This chick CAN sing! I hope she sells out more than the back of a pickup truck. Amanda Overmyer deserves it!!! GO AMANDA

just my input

well, if TMZ doesn't think she is "all that"...then why were THEY following her in the airport?!?!!?!??!? You guys can be such morons sometimes !!! Apparetnly she IS bigger than you are making her out to be ! Do you not see the stupidness of this entire thing?

twm

Ha ha. Amanda is cool, she's real people, not like the majority of Hollywood phonies and even American Idol contestants who think because they've had their 15 minutes on television that they are greater than thou. I think she would even laugh at the comments on here because she doesn't take herself seriously in the least. All the interesting people are gone now, just David Asthmaleta and a bunch of previously failed recording artists. Boring.

idolzombie

Well, she was obviously famous enough for TMZ to send a crew out. Oh yeah, I just remembered, TMZ just hangs out looking for anything, newsworthy or not, true or not and famous or not.

Believer

Funny how you're being all sacrastic about her being "THAT famous", and yet, she's evidently famous enough for you send your douchebag "reporter" all the way over there and have at her.

BTW, she's in talks to play at the Whiskey in the near future, so suck it, Harvey.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments