Bette Midler and Daughter

Do a Double Take

3/24/2008 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Looks like the wind beneath Midler's wings blows pretty strong. The Divine Miss M showed off her strong genes in NYC on Saturday.

The fierce 60-something gay icon hails a cab for her and Steffi Graf her 21-year-old look-alike daughter, Sophie. MILF alert!

emme

If I could choose between looking like Bette or her daughter or one of those surgically altered faces on the before and after cosmetic surgery pics, I’d go Bette all the way. You just have to make the most out of what you have, be happy with who you are and not try to be someone else. Self esteem comes from within and that makes you beautiful.

Cynic

emme - Thank you for being the voice of reason! You said it very eloquently. Bette is natural and lovely, and it's too bad more vain celebrities can't follow her lead.

Christopher

try being nice - Take it to Oprah.

Kate

FYI - Cher is also well-known as a "gay" icon... remember Will & Grace??? Doesn't make her gay - just means that she and Bette well-liked in the gay community...

me

I should have known that many people on the boards here are semi illiterate! TMZ didn't say that Bette was gay. The wording isn't confusing either. To be labeled a gay icon simply means that many people who are gay look up to her. Her fan base started out in gay bath houses in NYC. People, instead of spewing venom on the boards and being consumed with misinformed opinions, perhaps you should spend some time education yourselves!

me

Forgive me. I should have proof read my point more carefully. I should read educating, not education.

YumYum

I can't believe people are so stupid that they don't know what TMZ meant by "gay icon". She IS an icon to gays everywhere. You didn't say she was a gay. She started in bath houses, for crissakes. She is a real limosine liberal- made a fortune, chops down hundred of trees that are "in her way", owns several houses, and has no education- but complains about the system of government that let her do all that. She is NO environmentally friendly person. Selfish and rude to people. , Please don't make us look at her daughter- ugly has worked as schtick for Bette for decades, but we shouldn't have to look at her kid. The daughter has a nice enough personality, but good grief- she is as unattractive as Rumer. Maybe worse. Just ask her to move out of the way then snap the shot.

hater

LOVE BETTE!!!! Class and talent... she hasnt let her "status" go to her head. She seems like a normal everyday person. I admire her for not falling into the "plastic age" of hollywood. She is the epitomy of a true woman.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3