Allred Goes Tit-for-Tat with the TSA

3/27/2008 6:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gloria Allred held a press conference today demonstrating how TSA agents forced her client to remove her nipple piercings.

Yeah, it was as ridiculous as it sounds.

Creamy Puff

Read the articles carefully!! It says the large metal detector did NOT go off! Only when the female employee decided to use her handheld scanner too, did this become an issue. What was her reasoning for checking twice??

DWP Arizona

To begin with it is my utmost openion that body pearcing is one of the most vulger things to do of all thing being done by those people that have just flat bought the LIES of satan himself. Nipple piercings disfigure what God has created and just looks SICK.

I don't agree that anyone should force you to remove them at an airport, but come on WAKE UP AMERICA...
TURN BACK TO GOD and you wont be embarrased in public like that. Geez

Tracy Knoll

Sorry, I do not feel "sorry: for this "pierced woman". After one looik at her photo, I wondered that she would even make this incident public...plus the information that it was "so painful" to have the piercings re-installed. Yuk. More information than ANYONE needs.

MP

What's next? Will you be required to remove metal plates and or rods if you have them in order to board a plane. This whole stupid mess that our stupid government and its stupid employees who do not have brains any smarter then rodents should remember that this whole program was instituted for protection from Terrorists and now they are using the program to actually terrorize the public. I have quit flying due to being searched twice because I got their magic card and both times they have lost some of my personal belongings and permanently lost my keys and all they can say is oh well duhhhh (we just stupid gov. emp. with no brains, and where is my money and you owe me) As you can see I hate them In fact the last time I was asked to do a job for the gov, I told them to take a hike.

If every one boycotted the airports for a couple of days this problem might get resolved.

Jeff

No nipple ring ever was indicated in the death or attack on a person while in flight. However, my ballpoint pen in the hands of someone who knows how to use it could be a deadly weapon and I have never had a ballpoint pen taken away.

sciafer

Kind of funnie BUT.....i think this situation could of been handled ALOT better on the TSA side of the house. Yes she told them she had a nipple ring and was even forward in telling them she had one......yes TSA have a hard job just like everyone else and all in all this should of been handled more EFFECTIVELY on TSA side of the house......Either way kind of funnie.

Likesthenipples

You people need to read the complete article. The metal detector did not set it off. She was flagged for additional screening (this happens based on any number of things: switching flights, one way flights etc.) It was discovered when she was wanded, not when she passed through the detector. TSA goons in TX (read Good Ol Boys) thought they might get a free show. (Obviously, in their mind, any woman who has a body piercing wont mind showing it to us!) TSA website clearly states that body piercings may require additional screening OR a pat down. This woman has stated, and the TSA has not denied that she was NOT offered a pat down.

cycle_tech2162

It is cler that th TSA went oer the line here. She offered to clear up the situation by showing her piercings to the female TSA employee to show there was no danger to other air travellers but the male TSA employees decided WRONGLY to force her to remove them. She did clear the large metal detector with no alerts. Could it be that if she had offered to show the male TSA employees too they would have just let her continue on with o problems. As of late it seems the TSA s been getting away with a lot abuses to the flying public.

Brian

You know its funny how our government finds ways to penalize our citizens like jewelry on the 'ol juggs but the muslim extremists that are trying to kill us can wear their veils even on their liscense photos.... welcome to being second hand citizens... by the way ask to see my wifes boobs be prepaired for a second class azz whooping...

Teodora

omg i'm flying to the US this summer and I have a nipplepiercing hope no one forces me to take it off!

jr

I am a Fed Myself, and I feel TSA was out of line. We have had our share of problems just trying to do our jobs because of TSA. She is owed an apology. The supervisors as well need some more training too.

Reader Bob

I am not into body piercing, but I believe to each his or her own. However, this is a case where the TSA has gone outside to the corner and hired mental giants for $8.50 an hour, gave them some authority with NO common sense to deal with the public. Individual decisions are beyond their capacity so all decisions are a group effort. When they do make command decisions that upset the traveler, they laugh about it knowing there is nothing the traveler can do about it. Yes, there need to be rules, but rules are guidelines not law. Practicability and common sense must also play into the decision making which in most cases, these stellar individuals can not do. AFTER ALL, THE SECURITY OF THE ENTIRE AIRCRAFT WAS JEOPARDIZED BY THESE TINY LITTLE BOOB RINGS!! We have dove to the bottom rung and this is the result. You get exactly what you pay for…nothing more, nothing less. To capture the TSA’s attention about this matter, I hope this lady takes them to court and get enough money to charter her own plane, with or without boob rings. The on seen TSA individuals should be publicly strip of their badges, whistles, radios, and coat buttons and banish them back to the corner. Film the entire process and make it mandatory training video for all TSA agents to watch indicating this is what will happen when you needlessly embarrass a traveler they way they did. No cause, no excuse, no mercy…back to the corner and their other life.

JW

The TSA was way out of line . The way she was treated was inexcusable and the way the way the male guards acted was intolerable and in any other job they would have lost their jobs. I hope she sues and wins. Those male employess that were allegedly snickering should face disaplinary action up being fired.

Claude A

wow, she definitely wasn't selected for "further investigation" because she is good looking . . .

Rule#1 If you have "hot" piercings, you should be "hot!"

Woof!

jeff

Let's check the TSA site.

"Hidden items such as body piercings may result in your being directed to additional screening for a pat-down inspection. If selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to the pat-down search."

In this case, her piercing did not set off the detector. It appears that she was a random selection. Further, according to the statement, removal should have been her choice, not the TSA personnel's choice. She should have been able to opt for a 'pat-down" inspection.

I see nothing that gives the choice to the TSA personnel. It could be they gave her a choice: remove them or enjoy a pat-down. But, that's not the way the articles I've read have presented the facts.

"The agent then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry"

An official TSA statement indicated the agents acted properly. Maybe they have a different set of facts. If she chose to not submit to a pat-down, then she was chosing to remove them. But, if she wasn't given the choice of a pat-down or removal, in my opinion, according to the TSA site, the agents didn't educate her appropriately.

Of course, I believe that we all take responsiblity for our own education. She should have known her rights and responsibilities before going to the airport. But, from what I'm gleaning from these articles, she wasn't given the opportunity to conform to the options presented on the TSA site.