Oprah -- Gayle's $$ugar Mama?

3/27/2008 1:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gayle King really could be movin' on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky ... and it just might be courtesy of Oprah Winfrey. We just got -- pardon us -- the skinny.

TMZ has done some diggin' and found Oprah's LLC -- called Sophie's Penthouse -- purchased the $7.1 million phat Manhattan penthouse two weeks ago. BTW, Sophie was the name of Oprah's dog, which just died. And Sofia was her character in "The Color Purple." Good detective work, we think.

launch photo There are reports Gayle is moving in. A well-placed source connected to the property tells us it's "uncertain" at this time if Gayle will live large in O's pad. Gayle has said she wants to spend more time in NYC to work with O's magazine and her XM radio show.

O had no comment. Gayle's peeps tell TMZ they don't comment on her private life. They leave that to us!

Mum(my's) the Word for Priscilla

"DWTS" star Priscilla Presley had nothing to say last night when TMZ asked about the faux cosmetic surgery doc who injected her with motor oil.Click to view photos!
But Elvis' ex isn't the only star to try and drink from the fountain of youth only to find the water to be stale. Check out these others stars what made us wonder "What happened to your face?" Play video

Busch Busted -- Lit on Natty Light

The great-grandson of the guy who built the Anheuser-Busch beer empire was popped for underage boozing -- and with the cheap s**t at that!
Click to launch!
Adolphus August Busch V, 17, whose grandpa is patriarch Gussie Busch, was arrested at a party in Godfrey, Ill. after cops responded to a noise complaint. Busch was arrested with seven other buddies -- check out their mugs!

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch quotes cops saying lil' Augie was knocking back Natural Lights. Wait -- he couldn't get his pals some Michelob?

Hey, Schlitz happens.
hot mugs -- click to launch

That's a Whole Lotta Jack

Jack NicholsonJack Nicholson frolicked on the beach in St. Barths on Wednesday in a sexy one-piece -- which showed off his buxom man-boobs!

Unlike many Hollywood bodies, the 70-year-old legend is a natural beauty.

Jerry Lee Lewis: 'Memba Him?!

With '50s hits like "Great Balls of Fire" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On," Jerry Lee Lewis became famous as one of the pioneers of rock and roll -- and for marrying his 13-year-old cousin once removed. Guess what he looks like now!
Jerry Lee Lewis

COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

brandy wine

i believe that oprah and gayle are lovers and have been since the begining of there time as " friends".

Susie

I think Oprahs friends are "private" and is between herself and her friend Gayle, but I think that when Oprah backs a Prresidential candidtate then there's needs to be a "need to know what your relationship is" kind of situation, ESPECIALLY since Oprah also went to that church.. You can't say, "well, I left the church because I didn't like what the pastor said, BUT I support OBAMA who STILL goes to the church and STANDS BY HIS PASTOR.." THEN...With Oprah having an issue of helping ONLY companies that have black people working for them, AND Wrights racist attitude towards whites, I think Oprah, being a public figure, also should be investigated...as these are clearly "HATE" attitudes towards the white race. If a WHITE public figure did what she does, that person would be considered a racist against black people.

Carol

DUH.......... OF COURSE they are lovers... Stedman has always been a well kept "beard" to give Oprah respectability, if you can call it that. Do you honestly think she would have the career she has today if she admitted to being gay when she started? She makes all employees sign a scary confidentiality agreement that could financially ruin anyone who "talked". Think about her shows, she is just obsessed with breasts... hers and other women's. On the bra fitting show, she felt up at least a dozen women.... on camera!

Delores

Has Ophrah finelly told Stedman to hit the road or is she going to share him and Galye

why why why

What about Oprah family living in housing projects in nashville on section 8 and welfare and she buys gayle a house of such statue. I did background check on her cousin shakeeta winfrey the one that wrote the book "The Other Winfrey" to only notice that she has lost her home as well, and she have 3 kids, i believe. where is oprah with her own family. Shame on Oprah

DONNA

YOU ARE ALL JUST CRAZY! WHY DO YOU THINK WOMEN CAN'T HAVE BEST FRIENDS THAT THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR.?

14malachi

First of all your detective should have "researched" Oprah's characters name in the "Color Purple" she was not named after her dog, the name was "Sophia" SOPHIA, SOPHIA, SOPHIA! looks like to me you need new detectives! and if she did buy the pad for Gayle, so what!!! Why can't people just accept the fact that women do have friends, life long friends at that & stop always trying to "pair" people up as lovers UGH!!!!!!! I see why most of the celebrities you chase after don't want to be bothered with TMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toria

I don't believe Gayle and Oprah are lovers..I had a bestfriend for 25 years with whom I was extremely close. So close people thought we were loveres but we never were. Even if I liked women, which I don't, she isn't my type. People who have never had a real bestfriend just don't understand that type of relationship. A bestfriend is as close as a lover in terms of emotional intimacy.You share everything about your past, present and future. You share your hopes, dreams, ambitions, fears, etc. Every woman needs a bestfriend. Those who don't have one are often jealous of those who do and just don't understand something they've never experienced. They believe only two people who are having sex can be that close but that's not true. Until I have proof to the contrary, I will continue to believe in Gayle and Oprah's friendship. But even if they are lovers, it's nobody's business but theirs..Oprah has enough wealth, fame and friends to not have to answer to anyone. Nor, should she.

m saunders

If Oprah wants to buy an apartment for her frien Gayle that's her business. I just wish I was Oprah's friend. In my poor way I have paid bills for my friend. If I had Oprah's money I would probably do the same. About Rev. Wright. everyone is acting like he's running for the president of the United States. Obama is the perfect person for president. He is half black and half white. One cannot be responsible for what comes out of other people's mouth, whether it is your pastor, friend, family members . Look at Hillary she flat out lied over and over again. Her excuse is she made a mistake, misspoke. Hold her accountable for her words.

PEACE

WHY WHY must we all way got somthing bad to say about each other,and then say we love god

HOLD IT

OH,FATHER FORGIVE US

lynn james

WHO CARES? WHY DON'T PEOPLE TAKES CARE OF THEIR OWN AFFAIRS AND LEAVE EVERYONE ELSE ALONE. ;I

LIVE AND LET LIVE AND DO UNTO OTHERS ARE GOOD RULES TO LIVE BY. ;

knowall

Oprahs whole guru self help persona would crumble if she admitted being a lesbian-in her mind. What she puts out there is her fantasy self. Including being a potential loving mother with two kids and wealthy blond female friends and a handsome husband. Lesbianism is all she doesnt want. But is.
The weight gains are intrusions of reality she can't control with talk or money.

emily

Oprah and all the stars are living in the fast lane. There is no telling what they will do, but they have short lives with the way they are doing. Obama is a disgrace to the Democrat Party I would think. I can't imagine anyone voting for that guy who has so much baggage and so much hiden about himself. He definitely is not the right candidate for this country.

Shannon Oatis

This is whats wrong with America today, too dam noisy if everybody mind there on dam busy the world will be a better place.

Catch a clue people

Obviously Oprah is a very generous woman hence all the cars she has given away for just coming to a taping of her show. All the many great things she has done for so many people. I personally have never benefitted so maybe I should just call her gay or a racist. Ignorance is bliss why must people be so BLISSFUL. If she chooses to buy a house for her best friend who is also an executive in her company why is it news -HATERS is why. OPRAH you have serious money- spend it any damn way you choose. Nobody is asking Bill Gates where he spends his money and if a purchase is for a GAY lover.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments