WWE Fans Injured -- Call in the Undertaker!

3/31/2008 1:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Look out below! At least 40 wrestling fans were injured Sunday night when fireworks and cables landed on the crowd at WWE's huge Wrestlemania event in Orlando.

A pyrotechnics display went haywire, sending hot cables flying in to the crowd. One victim told a local TV station, "It felt like a whip. I have a welt on my neck. Like a baseball bat hit me. It was horrible. Horrible."

For their part, the WWE feels bad. In a statement to TMZ, they say "While we apologize to anyone who was injured and/or alarmed by this occurrence, we take solace in the fact that the reported injuries were minor. "

Story developing ...

Get a Clue

"One victim told a local TV station "It felt like a whip. I have a welt on my neck. Like a baseball bat hit me. It was horrible. Horrible."

So I guess the necks of WWE fans are now even more red? How is that possible?

pimp

first!!

You know that at least no brain cells were injured as anyone who watches this crap doesn't have any.

Nance

WHO CARES

BUMPY

Its was an accident it happpen's in all types of sports. Not to down play only 3 people were taken to the hospital the other's had minor injuries. The other 35 were treated on scene and released. The fans were more pissed at the emt for taking too long to check them out. Also only 35 injuries with over 70,000 people there aint bad at all

Kelli

#1, LOVE IT!!

NYC

You retards.....Rednecks watch NASCAR. Not wrestling.

FlBiker

God hates wrestling!

The Most Beautiful Woman In The World

My sister called me few hours ago - screaming !

Unbelievable, how careless organizations can be

John

Better look forward to paying out the lawsuits Vince McMahon!!

Michelle Vicks

I can't believe people really go to this crap anymore! They should be spending their time and money on www.materialbitch.com if you ask me.

sxymonkeee

These things happen at all sporting events.. all walks of life watch this wrestling "crap".. say what you want about wrestling, but it's gotten bigger.. last years wrestlemania had a whopping 80, 000 people at madison square.. so put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!! WOOOOOOO rock on rick flair, ROCK ON!

toby

Whats with all the morons these days typing first on forums? I say morons because generally they are not and don't seem to understand posting second, third fourth or fifth is not the same as first. I guess this is not a surprise seeing they don't even recognize when someone has already posted. LOL

Kelli

Yes NYC, they watch Nascar as well.

Haha suckers...

2 of my friends were at Mania...
I hope Ang and Dawn are ok! Yikes, that's crazy.
If you two have any injuries, sue! Free Mania tickets for the rest of your lives!!!

Laura924

It did rain before. Weather can have this effect on equipment. It's just mother nature. I'm sure Vince McMahon knows who was injured & will compensate them very well. What's up with everybody wanting to sue all the time. Crap happens!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments