Anne H's BF Busted -- Check Mate!

4/3/2008 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: We're hearing that this may be a big misunderstanding. We're told Follieri went willingly with police officers -- no handcuffs -- to work out the check fiasco. His lawyers, we hear, are sorting it out and he is now out of police custody.

Anne Hathaway's Italian stallion was just arrested by NYPD for allegedly bouncing a real big check his ass couldn't cover.

Police tell us Zac Braff-alike Raffaelo Follieri was popped for one misdemeanor count of issuing a bad check -- he's still in police custody, being booked. A source tells TMZ that the check was written for around $250,000, and when the bank said insufficient funds, it wasn't even close. Apparently, the devil wears knock-offs!

That's hardly the end of the bad news for Follieri. A DC court just ordered him to pay almost $250,000 to a PR firm that he still owes for work they did.

Rocky

HE IS BAD NEWS. ANNE SHOULD DITCH HIM.

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KANYE WEST IS A WHINEY LITTLE B!TCH!

Dr. Adams

Golly gee….has the recession finally hit Hollywood??

Liz

That is not a good thing! So TMZ, did the PR firm call you and tell you about the check and how much he owes them? Sounds like it! That isn't a PR firm I would want anything to do with! Who let's a client get to the 250k mark before receiving any payment? Come on................and the name of this wonderful PR firm is............?

wasted days and wasted nights

Good for me that he did this; now maybe I'll have a chance to date Anne. lol Love me some Anne Hathaway, you go girl!

Jeri

Heard rumors before about him - sounds like they're true. Go girl, you deserve better!!!

jen

If I add comments but they don't appear did I really post, do I exist, am I having a hallucination?

Misplaced Texan

Anne: Get out now. DO NOT "LOAN" HIM THE MONEY. He has bounced a quarter of a million dollar check AND he owes the same amount to his PR firm. That's a lot of dough. Run, Anne, run.

New day, new world

I guess I have to go and take my dog for a walk now.......

pimp

She strikes me as the type that would be in an abusive relationship, so I'm not surprised. Her next bf will be no better. Better get her a steward

That explains things!

How About WORKING For A Living Buddy?????????

It's Wannabe Swingin' Pricks Like You That Give REAL MEN A Baaaadddd Name!!!!!!

GO AWAY!!!!

meg

Ann, run, or you'll be counting YOUR losses before long. He's a con.

tickles

The guy wrote a $250,000 check that bounced and it is a misdemeanor? First off who would have been stupid enough to accept a check written for that amount without calling the bank to make sure it was good...and how come I always hear stories about people writing checks for small amounts that bounce and they end up being charge with felonies? I thought the cut off amount was $150.00 for misdemeanors?

tracey

Why didn't he just ask his gf for the cash?

Crabby

I'd bounce a check too if it meant getting in her pants.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments