"Idol" Wannabes Gag Us with Inspiration

4/5/2008 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Classic songs have been butchered every week on "American Idol" -- and next week they are taking stabs at the ones that inspire them. Jesus take the wheel!

Until TMZ moles obtain the song list -- and we will -- we've created a song list the wannabes should consider for themselves.

David Archuleta: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna
Kristy Lee Cook: "Don't Speak" by No Doubt
Michael Johns: "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" by Rolf Harris
Brooke White: "Crybaby" by Mariah Carey
David Cook: "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
Jason Castro: "I Am Not My Hair" by India.Arie
Carly Smithson: "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra
Syesha Mercado: "Don't Forget About Us" by Mariah Carey

prat52c

This is a talented group of contestants. I think AI is great this year. TMZ, you are just getting more and more pathetic. I still can't believe the way you treated the death of Eliott Yamin's mother. And now dissing on a talented group of singers. Your "writers" (if you can actually can them that) are the untalented losers.

Chris Aviles

whatever I hate David Archuleta!!! who cares about his dad he needs to go home next!!! his voice annoys the hell out of me, he is not a good singer at all I dont know why Randy Jackson gives him too much credit, I hate Randy Jackson, Simon tells the truth even if its hurtful but Randy he does not know what the hell he is talking about!!! what a loser!!! with a capital L

prat52c

Chris Aviles - you are an idiot. David Archuleta doesn't have to be your favorite, but it is ridiculous to deny that he has talent. He is not even my personal favorite (not quite my style), but I can't deny that the kid is talented and an amazing singer. In case you haven't noticed all of the judges think that he is very talented, not just Randy. I'm sure you are a David Cook fan. I can't help but notice that all of these David Cook people love to bash David Archuleta. I'm sure that's because you know he is going to win. This makes me hate David Cook. Go Brooke and Jason!

AI sux

David Archuleta needs to get back with his gay fling Phillip Dagget. Daggets bottom boy, i'm sure.

sad day

Why the cover up on this little gay fling of DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!!!!!!!

Afraid he'll lose his TWENNY girls.

Linda

OK TMZ guys, you really need to stop with this morbid humor!

David Cook and "My Heart Will Go On"?" that's just over-the-top-gone-bad-sarcastic.

I mean you wouldn't tell Stevie Wonder to sing "See You Again", would you?

recovery101Fan

I can't wait to see how Cook will handle Celine Dion's song. I can't wait.

recovery101Fan

Hey, Cook handled everything else ok, MORE THAN OK.

roxxi

question wht do the people that hate TMz so musch spend so much time on the site????????????

Zedman

Having watched every episode thus far, I can say that most nigths a classic has been butchered on this show. This is un characterstic of the show, because I don't remember so many songs poorly executed in past idol as this year.Perhaps the talent is not at the level of American Idols Past.On top of that, this is the bunch with the worst attitude, as most of them talk back on comments made by the judges, when really theys should shut up because most of the time they are on the money. Based on the song choices we are headed towrads a lack lustre evening. Thank God for Idol gives back, it will save the show!!!

Allison

This is the worst Idol season ever!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? There were by far better singers during audition. They are really not looking for talent!

Rita

Funny!! :-)

nashvillefug

hahahahahahahaha bueno! oh, if it could be.

ohreli

THIS WAS A JOKE, TMZ READERS!!

KLERRY JAGO