Archuleta Saw "Angels" Way Before Idol

4/9/2008 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta made it seem like he just found the song "Angels" for his performance last night -- shame, shame, everybody knows your name -- it's been in his repertoire for years!

Check out a pre-"Idol" David singing (and perfecting) the Robbie Williams song back in 2005. This isn't the first time he's pulled out one of his old standards either -- he did the same thing with "Imagine."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cristina

Am I the only one who finds this kid bogus? Yes, he has a decent singing voice, but everytime I see his face and hear him talk I just want to hit mute on my TV.

michael

TMZ,leave this boy alone..so what if he has had talent for years..Something Harvey needs to work on,with this trashey ass website..

chichi

This kid is amazing and so young. WHY do you enjoy pick, pick, picking at his performances? You may indeed be picking on the next AI.

Ellen

We all know that the contestants don't sing original pieces on a weekly basis--why do you keep beating this dead horse TMZ?

Star

Did John Secada sing this song??? David never said who sang it last night Cant belive THAT didnt make the news!

kim

Cristina I sooooo agree with you!!

This kid is way to OVERRATED.... I don't think he is that spectacular. I find him down right annoying and just want him to go away.

David Archuleta just go away!

kim

Cristina I sooooo agree with you!!

David Archuleta just go away!

kel

He did not say that he just found this song. He said that he had several inspirational songs to choose from and this one stood out. You love to twist things around to create drama; pick on somebody who deserves it like those cheerleaders who beat up that girl. They need to learn their lesson.

Snerkles

Oh.My.God! Talk about beating a dead horse! He just said he'd looked through a lot of songs, but didn't find one he liked as well as Angels!
Slow "news" day, huh?

KiKi

He didn't say he just found the song...he said he had a hard time picking a song...geez...and so what if he has done the songs before, he does them very good so why ruin a good thing? Come up with something else to complain about...

Carol P

Why do you continue to malign this kid. He never said he never sang the song, he said he had a hard time picking from the 3 songs he was considering and this one had the most meaning. Your story is a lie! I wish you would stop getting your rocks off on being cruel to 17 year olds and I hope you get sued until you can no longer afford to buy hair dye!

Star

who sings that song????????

me

I agree that David is over-rated. Why are the judges constantly drooling over him? I just don't see it. If I were going to buy an album of one of the contestants, it would be M. Johns, D. Cook, Brook, or the Irish gal.

Sean Ambrose

Archuletta is a FRAUD! He looks like a damn monkey and his oh gosh, oh me attitude is annoying. Get over yourself dude, you've been groomed to do this since you were a baby. And the Dad, ummm your BALD! Deal with it and take the damn hat off already!

CeePee

I do not think he's as good as they are making him out to be. He's no where even close to as good as Carly or David Cook. His loud inhales drive me nuts! The "I'm shy and don't know what to do with all this girly attention" is getting way old. Just eat it up like every other 17-year-old boy would do. I just don't think he's mature enough in his performing to pull of a career just yet. Plus, they keep bagging Syesha and other performers who are clearly better than him, yet he gets minimal criticism. Just goes to show that the judges can really sway the competition more than people seem to realize.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments