Crazazy TV Contraption Predicts "Idol" Losers

4/10/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TiVoIf you want to place bets on "Idol" in Vegas, we think we found a way you could score millions of bucks.

TiVo may have cracked the mystery of who gets kicked off and who doesn't. Company insiders say they can predict who's not connecting by TiVo usage.

Here's the deal. In a sample of 20,000 users, TiVo monitors traffic -- which contestants get replayed (a sign of popularity) and which one's get fast-forwarded.

You think it's bogus? Well, the TiVo system has nailed who got booted four weeks in a row.

And who does TiVo say is getting the ax tonight? Poor Syesha. Take it to the bank, people.

Tabitha from "Bewitched": 'Memba Her?!

Erin Murphy played little Tabitha Stephens on the '60s supernatural TV series, "Bewitched." Guess what she looks like now!
Bewitched

Hollywood Meatheads!

D.I.L.F.s ... Dudes we'd like to, ummm, er, see in more films? Yeah that's it! Click to see the buff boys of summer in all their manly glory.
Meatheads -- click to launch

K-Fed's Kids: Can't We All Just Get Along?

It's a modern-day Brady Bunch. Where's Alice when you need her?
Jayden & Sean: Click to watch
On an outing at the L.A. Zoo yesterday, Kevin's mama Julie had her hands full with the half-siblings, SPF and JJ from Britney and Kori and Kaleb from ex Shar Jackson ... though having a full-time nanny and bodyguard around can't hurt.

School Death Plot Targets ... Chuck Norris?!?

New Jersey cops have arrested two high school students after a teacher found a so-called "hit list" that targeted tough guy actor Chuck Norris. Holy Walker, Texas Ranger!

The students, both juniors at Pennsauken High School, didn't have any weapons on them. The note reportedly included the names of three students and, randomly, Norris.

The boys claim the list was a joke and the local prosecutor says "At this point we believe that this student did not pose any serious threat to any of the people on the list, especially to Chuck Norris." No sh*t.

Larry Craig Interns -- You're My Duty

Sen. Gloryhole Larry Craig is looking for interns -- and the webpage soliciting (yeah, we said it) his summer help is just pricelessly funny ... unintentionally, of course.

The site lays out his (wide) stance on intern work: "I prefer to offer a more diverse experience -- probably because I walked in their shoes back in 1969." Yes, he mentioned "shoes." It gets better: "Interns have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the inner-workings ... through hands-on experience." Our italics.

But remember: "Each participant is also assigned a variety of legislative duties." Duties: Those were his words.

Holy Moley!

The mole sees and hears everything in Tinseltown ... especially when it's on your face! Some stars choose to rid themselves of the unsightly skin discoloration -- while others make the most of their blemish.
Holy Moley! -- click to launch

COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Nia

I don't think Syesha is leaving. I forgot his name, but I think it's about time for the kid with the dreds to go,or the girl who always sings country.

DAVIDD ARCHHUULLETTTTA WINNIIINNNNG ALLLL THE WAAYYY

Nia

Sorry, typo from my last comment

I meant "dreads"

blahblah

I'm seriously hoping it's Kristy.. She's over-stayed her welcome and really needs to go home... If she stays all she's gonna do every week she survives is play it safe with country songs and keep boring the hell out of me and making me completely forget about her like she does every week.. Nothing against country at all because I love it, but she just ruins every song she sings

not SYESHA!

ok, syesha is NOT going home. hate to break it to you 'tivo' or w/e but shes not. i thot she did amazing and i really like her.
tell you whose going home?
Kristy Lee Cook
it's time. and syesha is deff staying.
lets see whose right

Cathy Dickson

I like Kristy Lee Cook and hopes she stays on for a while. She won't win the title but she's good. She will be like Kelly Pickler, she'll get a country contract.

I am ready for David Cook to go home. I don't like his music or his songs.

Karly is good. Needs help picking songs now. She had good songs at the beginning but now she's in a rut and she needs to get out, quick.

Major

Carly had a terrible night and should be next to go if individual preformances count for anything. Sayesha should make it to the top 3.

ola

I hope it is Kristy too. They are all so good at this point and they will all do well afterwards. I just think she is the weakest link at this point. She will do great in the country market and Simon senses that.

Please visit www.oltiv.org and sign the buddymap.

Cathy Dickson

My husband likes Brooke, but she might be in trouble tonight. Seyesha can go or stay, don't care. David Cook needs to leave.
Karly, Kristi, John, Jason, David all needs to stay, David Cook should leave.

solomeeeo

I think Brooke will go. They spotlighted everyone last night except for Brooke. Unless I missed it, she didn't have a solo part at all on any of the songs.

solomeeeo

Sayesha and Carley are the strongest of the girls. I don't want Carley to win because I don't think she should even be in this competition. Even though a lot of them have some experience, she has already had a cd out and this is supposed to be for more of an amateur.

cheri

I can't understand why the judges don't seem to like Syesha or why she is usually in the bottom. She has a beautiful voice and I'd rather hear her than that squalling Fantasia any day.

solomeeeo

I think Simon hit it on the head the other night. David cook is in love with himself and I don't like that pompus attitude. The hand thing at the end was more than a bit much. Goodbeye David C!

becky

At this point the contestants are all good, however, I truly don't like David Cook's choice of songs. I, personally think, Sayesha has an amazing voice!!! David Archuletta is darling and will definitely be a star. Carly has a great voice but doesn't appeal to me as a "super" star. Jason is just "okay." Michael will go far in the industry but will not win as the idol.

NotAnAmericanIdolFan

I'm sorry, but is no one else bothered by the fact that TiVo is tracking your viewing habits??? It really disturbs me that they, unbeknownst to us, are watching & recording US while we are watching & recording what's on TV. I don't think I'm overly-paranoid or anything, but they use this information to know what to market to us. What will they use the info. for next? And exactly what info. do they collect about their users???

solomeeeo

We haven't had the usual shocker yet, so be prepared it may be tonight!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments