Brooke White's Sister: My Bridesmaid is Cardboard

4/11/2008 8:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

As "Idol" contestant Brooke White mentioned last night, she must skip her sister's wedding this Saturday because of the show's rehearsal schedule -- but don't cry for her Argentina, she's found a way to be in both places at once!

Brooke -- and her family -- have come up with a creative solution: Michael Johns will go in her place They've built a cardboard cutout of Brooke to take her place. Paging Flat Stanley!

We're told all contestants know way in advance about the Saturday schedules, and are aware that they just can't miss the weekend rehearsal. "It's one of those sacrifices you have to make if you want to be a star," "Idol" Exec Producer Nigel Lythgoe tells us, adding, "It would be a shame if Brooke was kicked off the show because she hadn't properly rehearsed." Yes, that would be just awful!

Carley

I am amazed at the coment about Brooke. She has a different type of voice but a decent voice, better then the majority of us writing our comments. Brooke will have a decent career. She sings, she can write songs, she does stand up for herself. She is doing not one of us any harm. I see her going a long way. I never thought she would win, but I like her album, plus she is one of the firsts that I have seen on Idol with some decency with her clothes, her looks the whoe thing. Her make-up wa not over done, her singing voice was great, I bought her album, and I think "I'm free" could be in the top 10 easily. It is a very good song. One many can relate too. So go Brooke, Do with your life what will make y9ou happy. Love your husband, become a mom and sing.

Kelli

She said that on the show. Hungry for new post TMZ?

Lesley

She might as well go to the wedding. It's not like she's going to win anyway.

Al Baby

I would so do her

Baseball Junkie

How long ago did her sister plan the wedding? They've known since at least January that Brook was on the show. When members of my family had an unbreakable commitment we changed the date of the wedding. Don't they know that the length of the marriage is inversely proportionate to the cost of the wedding? I had a very inexpensive wedding and the marriage has lasted for 30 years and counting. Likewise my parents and in-laws. On the other hand, my sister who insisted on a lavish wedding got divorced in less than 8 years.

Go Sox

Kelli

AI Baby, we will get you the cardboard.

Kimberley

Some wedding locations need to be booked a year or more in advance, its quite the dat was booked before she even first tried out for the show

me

I hate weddings! I would rather stick my head in a beehive, then ram my butt in a bear cave.

Where can the general public buy this cardboard cutout of oneself? I'll take 10!

Glisten Garbor

Too bad she didn't leave the show to go to her sisters wedding..Then they would have to bring the last person voted out back and that would be Michael Johns, who should have never left in the first place.

angel

I so wish Brooke could be at the wedding. I think she is a good ballad singer and that is it. She is not a very strong singer at all. I think the judges like her because she is a goody two shoes kindofgal... and pretty and blonde and skinny.

Nothing against her personally, but as a contestant on IDOL, I think she should have been gone about five weeks ago.

Dan

Brooke should have been booted ages ago. She is only a moderately talented singer. She definitely should have been in the bottom 3 this week. And she's already put out an album that has bombed. I don't think she should get another chance, when so many others who are more talented have not had that opportunity.

Dan

#7 I agree. It's not like she is going to win it anyway. And she deserved to get the boot after that boring performance of "You've Got a Friend". And it would be so nice to have Michael Johns back.

Al Baby

smartypants AI Baby, we will get you the cardboard.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baseball Junkie

If you're renting a hall that needs to be rented a year in advance then by definition you're spending too much on the wedding or rather the reception. The whole point of being married is to be married not to have the fancy wedding of your (or your mother's) dreams. When my sisters and I were married, we either had the reception in my parents home or in the church hall. We did the catering ourselves (except for the cake) and even made our own dresses, both wedding and bridesmaids. And we looked better and ate better than just about all the weddings I've been to since. Granted not everyone can cook and sew but our weddings cost hundreds not thousands and the marriages are still going strong.

Go Sox

Ihma Khunt

She is a boring lounge singe if anythingr, and will be booted off the show anyway. She should just go to her sisters wedding, selfish beeotch!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments