Police Sting?

4/17/2008 3:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Is it more likely that Sting wrote "Roxanne" about French prostitutes while traveling in Paris ... or in the basement of his Reno home with a guy he met at a restaurant? Wait, don't answer that yet.
Read the docs
According to a police report filed by Roy Smith, Sting heard him singing at Molly's Garden Restaurant back in 1977 (or 1978, Smith can't quite remember), thought he was good, and asked him to hang out.

They stopped at a 7-Eleven for beer (Sting, at a 7-Eleven?) and hung out for hours in Sting's basement. During that time, Smith told Sting about an ex-girlfriend of his named Roxanne, who was a prostitute. Smith also explained how after his father died, he wrote his mom messages, which he put in a bottle. Just like in the song! Oh, right ...

Smith claims Sting agreed to give him royalties for the songs, but never did. Here is the best part -- Smith claims Sting tried to contact him, through his mom, but she didn't pass along the messages because she thought the real police were after her son!

Smith has contacted Sting's lawyers, who deny all the allegations. He also filed a report with the Reno P.D. last month. The fuzz tells TMZ, "Initial review of the report indicates that the statute of limitations of any potential crime in this matter has expired. The alleged victim may have to pursue the matter through civil litigation." Good luck.

its mine hs ya daddy bit..

BELFASTBELLE; THE JELIOUSENESS THAT YOU OUZ OUT YOUR AHOLE IS FULL PLEASE CHANGE YOUR DEPENDS!!! WERE WILL YOU BE WHEN STING & ROY SMITH ARE IN THE COURT OF LAW? YOU WILL BE JUST WHAT YOU ARE A WANT-A-B BLOGER. JUST LIKE STING'S ATTORNEY MR ROSENBERG THAT THINKS HE SAW THE EASTER BUNNY.
THATS STING'S ONLY DEFENCE.LIKE YOU BELFASTBELLE . STING DOES NOY HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON. SO SEE YA IN COURT BELTASFBELLE , SORRY THATS RIGHT YOU WONT BE THEIR YOUR JUST A WANT-A-B-BLOGER. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME TO BELFASTBELLE-THEDUMASSWANT-A-B-BLOGER I PERSONALY WILL RESERVE YOU A SET. NOW GO TO RGJ.COM ON 4/20/O8 FIND THE STORY OPEN THE DOC'S YOU WILL FIND A POLICE REPORT WITH MY NAME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS IWILL BE WAITING FOR YOU DUM AHOLE. SINCERELY & VERY,VERY,TRULY ROYD.C.SMITH

jenzeee

first?

rukiddingme

Jenzeee...why must you put first? no-one cares that your first! Get a life!~

lilhottybaby

you have got to be kidding me!

Area 51

Let's see...I was really bombed, but I think I talked to Sting in a Denny's parking lot in 1980. I'm almost sure he used some of my drunken rants in his next album. He must owe me millions.

Standards are badly needed.

Sting would know if this was true or not. Lord knows he has amassed enough money to give any credit to this fellow should any credit be due, unless all Sting's yoga has mysteriously embedded conditional ethics rather than spiritual awakening. Does anyone do the right thing anymore? Sigh.

jenzeee

rukiddingme, I have a life an the highlight of my life includes boffing your mother

kll

I didn't know Sting lived in Reno!

jenzeee

also douche bag, you cared enough to post a comment about it.

DaJuice

jenzeee you're a moron.

just wondering

jenzee & ru kidding me............shhhhhhhhh...the school bell hasn't gone yet.

kdawg

Seriously jenzeee. Get a life!

seaScape

Flaw : Sting would Never buy Budweizer.

Lanie

If Britney can hang at gas stations.... Sting can buy beer at 7-eleven!

This sounds like a crock of BS to me, though.

By the way, Harvey.. How is Parker from "Big Brother"??

jenzeee

Banana Hammock, your an ass hat

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments