Country Singer Accused of Assaulting Non-Fan

4/22/2008 5:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miranda LambertMiranda Lambert -- a finalist on the 2003 season of "Nashville Star" -- is accused of assaulting a woman just because she didn't know who Lambert was!

Aisha Esbay, the alleged victim, tells TMZ she was sitting at a bar with friends when one of them recognized Lambert and wanted a pic. Esbay approached Lambert, said she didn't know her but her friend wanted a photo.

Smith County Sheriff's Dept. tells TMZ they're investigating. At worst, they say, it will be a Class C misdemeanor -- kinda like a violent speeding ticket.

Lambert's reps tell TMZ they're in the dark about the whole thing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Frag The Paps

wow, Aisha Umfoofoo didn't know hwo she was? Shocking. The judge should give her a dumptruck full of cash for such a terrible offense.

Oh, and first.

Tracy

There's got to be more to this story. I'm sure she didn't start shoving her just because she didn't know who she was.

good grief!

no clue who you are either!!! and don't care cause I sure dont like countyr music, so there biOtcH!!!

me

so what, she's a nobody

Kelli

Oh yeah, that's going to help your popularity.Way to go Miranda.

Jesse

I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE, even a celebrity, would assault someone just for the sake of not knowing who they were..

Toomuch

I guess she would "try" to kick my ass too..because I suuuure don't know who the hell she is!! LOL

Just sayin'

I don't know her either but I'd like to see her try and push me any freakin where! She'll end up with a black eye.

AND I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!

Rico

I'm so tired of thugs in music, its driving music listeners crazy.

sandyduncansglasseye

I LOVE Miranda even more after this. I am so tired of all the girly girls who are passing themselves off as country kick ass (Underwood, anyone). Miranda is the REAL thing. I would buy her a shot of Jack after this. We need more like you!!!!

Jennifer

I totally agree with sandyduncansglasseye, Miranda is a true East Texas country sangin' bad ass girl!! Love her and her music! COUNTRY MUSIC FOR LIFE!!!

barbarab

If this story is true-----she should be careful--she is going try that again and someone is going to BUST HER FACE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frogs and gravel

Miranda Lambert and Foxy Brown would make a great
"Tag Team".

pie

"Lambert, Esbay says, was pissed, and shoved her into a bar stool -- multiple times." - Aisha is going to have trouble trying to forget her now.

celebutaunter77

If that were me, she would have eaten that bar stool. Then she could have written a whiny-ass counrty song about it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments