Forget Cigars, U.S. Should Ban Movies from Cuba

4/22/2008 5:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cuba Gooding Jr. says the key to a good career is "longevity."

Right, because flicks like "Boat Trip," "Norbit," "Daddy Day Camp," "Snow Dogs" and "The Land Before Time XIII" will live through the ages.

Stick

Come on... He is an Oscar winner and a good actor. He did all those gay ass movies for the money, what do you expect!

Alicia

hey now, Norbit was good lol.

J dub

What the hell is "Boat Cruise." I have never heard of that movie. Maybe because the name of the movie was "Boat Trip." There is no excuse for forgetting the name of a Blockbuster Smash hit, that would be like forgetting the name of the movie "Chill Factor."

Sandra

While Cuba was making Instinct in Orlando, he would frequent a bar I worked at.. He would hit only anything that looked his way.. while saying his wife was back at home....

sweetjustice

No Dear Cuba 'longevity' is the key to Robert DeNiro's career.......the key to your career WAS 'catch phrase' & FYI it's OVER "somebody SHOW HIM THE door please"

patty cake

Michael Rotenburg his manager is a douche bag and signs him to bad picture after picture. Rotenburg spends most his time on his cash cow Chris Rock.

pua

And TMZ's portfolio of work is what.......?????? Besides hassling people.

Baseball Junkie

I guess I may be one of the few people who actually enjoyed Boat Trip. It had occasional scenes that were good although most of it was cringe-worthy. Cuba dancing to "I'm Coming Out" and all of Roger Moore's scenes as an old queen were hilarious. I just looked at his credits on IMDB and I don't think I've ever seen him in anything else. Is that good or bad (I will never watch Jerry Maguire because of Cruise.)

Go Sox

MacArthur

Cuba is an outstanding actor. No actor has all hits. How many hits do the TMZ staff have under their belts collectively? Jeery Springer wnnabes. Go Cuba! You're great.

melody90405

Cuba is AMAZING! He's talented, funny and wonderful to his huge fan base. He has never hsown up in the tabloids for being a jerk and has always shown he is a gentleman. Although his movies may not be what all of your TMZ staff like...there is a reason the man is always employed.
Go Cuba!!! Keep up the great work.

If TMZ had the whole story....you would understand

I LOVE CUBA!!!! Cuba is a wonderful actor and a wonderful man, husband and father and is funny as HELL!!!!!!!. He is a great role model!!!!!!!One of his latest movies. http://www.whatloveisthemovie.com/ It is available on dvd now. You will love it, he is sooooo funny!

Sam

Cuba has been in the business for OVER 20 years. Starting in 1988 with 'Coming to America'. Not a bad start. He won an Oscar along the way. The last movie that went to screen was 'American Gangster'. Um, did pretty well if I remember right. The guy has had a career most actors would kill for.

I like DeNiro as much as anyone, but let's not forget "Meet the Parents", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstien", "Analyze This", "Meet the Fockers", "Stardust". C'mon people. Vito Corleone meets Ben Stiller?? All actors make questionable film choices. When you can make a living for 20+ years as an actor, you've got career longevity. He's still relevent! He has 4 films in post-production and one that's completed. That's 5 movies not even released. The guy is a worker!

chris

Wow Sams comment got it down perfect Cuba is great couldnt have said it better :)

thats right

cuba good, hitler bad

whatever

ok so lets look at the flip side of TMZ's ignorance:

Pearl Harbor
Men of Honor
The Tuskegee Airmen
American Gangster
Radio
A Few Good Men
Jerry Maguire

So let me guess TMZ these werent good movies either?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments