Star Jones Files for Divorce

4/23/2008 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star JonesTMZ has confirmed that former "View" host Star Jones has filed for divorce from hubby Al Reynolds. I'll be needing a lawyah!

Jones filed back on March 26, and the couple married back in 2004. We're told that Star is currently out of the country. Big Al -- as ever -- no clue where he is.

She released a statement to "ET" that reads: "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce. The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts. I have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser woman."

moveover

How the heck did he ever stay with her for 3 years? Yikes! I guess you can only hold your nose for so long!

janet

I thought they made a great couple, they both love to be with men!

Cammie

Agree with the those who are saying he's gay and suspect, after the weight loss, she began to realize why he was around, i.e. the money and her academic prestige. Hope she is doing well and will discover (true love) one day without all the material trappings. The important thing on her behalf is that she has a close family relationship!

Ms. Thang

I remember a while back posting a note to her web page asking whether she actually wore Payless shoes to some of her media functions. Her response was surprising. Without knowing me and/or who I was, she called me silly, weak and small minded. She further went on to say that if she wore the shoes or not that was her business and she wished people would stop asking. I couldn't believe it.

She invited "us" into her world, we didn't push her into it! I feel compassion for any woman going through a divorce. Ms. Jones should ask herself, what is GOD trying to tell me. Could I have been a better person. Did I make my vows to the media or to GOD. She knew his past and jumped in any way. Was it love or a publicity stunt?

If I was one of the wedding sponsors, I ask for my money back. Bad investment. Maybe they can claim the business lost?

mch

STAR JONES KNEW SHE WAS MARRYING A GAY MAN...

LIKE SHE KNEW SHE HAD GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY, AND INSTEAD OF SAYING SHE DID IT, SHE PLAYED WITH WORDS,'I HAD A MEDICAL INTERVENTION'...

I GUESS THE GAY MARRIAGE ISN'T WORKING OUT FOR HER, AND SHE IS CUTTING THE ALBATROSS OFF HER NECK.

Arkieladee

OMG...Star Jones The audacity of that woman, she uses people all the time. Did she expect after all her lies for public attention, insulting all the ladies of The View and now a divorce. What goes around gal...we all know about your claims of personal accomplishments.
So, for all the intelligence USE IT WISER NOW!!

Al Reynolds was such a smooth transition...who's his boyfriend???

Me

I'm betting "dignity and grace" handling is going to last 20 minutes...just long enough for Al's first interview about the prenup/what went wrong, and Star's retorts---complete with outrage and a $$$$ divorce lawyer by her side. It isn't in that woman to know how to shut her mouth about ANYTHING.

Mrs Joe Jackson

a GAY man can only take soooooooooooooooooooo much.

She should marry her hairdresser next.

Or ..Carson Cresley

Sloane

wish that black men were better at coming out
and their communities more accepting and supportive of the men who come out

they seem to be on the "down low" instead
hiding their true sexuality

marrying women who don't quite realize what they truly are
in the process, destroying dreams-theirs and their lady's

never turns out happy for any of the people and families of those involved

Patricia

Good luck to you Star..This IS a very personal thing as is weight loss,( very private).........to those that dont understand and think they need to know everything......Sometime u are with someone 4 30yrs. and dont know them....In a relationship u cant listen to what others SAY..............................

lpres

She is condescending. Please go away and stay away for all our saks.

SouthernMom

Does she have to give back all the free stuff she got for the wedding?

meeper

It really lasted longer thanI thought. He's gay.

Edumacated

She is such a pathetic, deluded creature. Riddled with self hate from her years as a FAT kid, she was desperate to find a man to publicly pretend to care about her. But in doing so, she added to the problem so many black women face -- the ASSUMPTION that any man who approaches them is straight. DL black men prey on desperate black women. Why do
these women fail to do any background research on the men in whom they are interested. Right now, Serena Williams is in the same position as she sadly chases Common, another DL black man in need of a rich beard. WAKE UP BLACK WOMEN!!! There is a WORLD of men out there. You don't have to play the DL guessing game with black men (they are KILLING you as their DL lifestyleads to an alarming incidence of AIDS in black women.) Black men care NOTHING about you (as Star learned too late), only about themselves. Do yourself a favor. Expand your options. Look in the mirror and LOSE SOME WEIGHT, not for a man, but for yourself. Then, find an HONEST white man, not a selfish, lying manipulative black man who wants only your money or a fake relationship to hide his dirty little secret from the world. These men are TOXIC misogynists. They HATE you. (How many nights did Al spend with his boyfriends as they laughed at his stupid, fat wife who financed his lavish lifestyle?) Stop allowing DL black men to use you for their own selfish purposes and stop thinking you owe ANY black man any loyalty because of race. Take a look at the history of how black men have treated you. Do you REALLY want to keep trying to find even ONE good one?

cooky

wonder if she will gain all her weight back