"Idol" Sticks It to Fan

4/25/2008 6:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" has ruined something else besides the hopes and dreams of thousands -- a fan's dress!
Exclusive
A 17-year-old "Idol" lover is ticked off because a sticker they made her wear at an April 22 show-taping ruined her sequin dress. Maybe Ryan can loan her one!

When the fan realized Andrew Lloyd Webber was in the studio, she tried taking the sticker off so he could sign it, but the glue from the sticker wouldn't come off like a prom dress.

The girl doesn't want to sue "Idol" -- she just wants her soiled dress (which was a gift for her sweet 16) fixed. She's tried emailing "Idol" but only got an automated response. We tried calling for her (cause we're nice like that) but we haven't heard back. Where's a TMZ mole when you need 'em?!

lol

I can tell by the fabric that it's cheap dress and probably tacky too. I'm sure American Idol did her a favor by ruining it.

Tabatha

Why would she wear that dress to AI anyway? It's not a prom.

Renata

this girl needs to get over herself. just the experience of being there should be a positive memmory and all she is doing is ruining it for herself by moaning over a few pieces of cheap sequins. Move on!

JEnJEn

I dont think they are liable. If the dress was THAT important she could of refused and left. Ive gone to soooo many places where my outfit is ruined... do i make a big deal...NO. there is somthing called "GETTING OVER IT"... by the looks of the dress i dont think crying over 40 bucks is okay.

Spell Check.

You go girl! There was this guy who refused to get my blue dress cleaned. I think he wound up regretting his decision.

What's this?

It doesn't matter if her dress was cheap or not - the fact that AI made her wear a sticker is what ruined it. Matter of principle here. It also doesn't matter that she may have over-dressed for the occasion - the sticker still ruined her dress! Come on people - AI makes millions of dollars. The least they could do is reimburse the girl for a hole ridden dress. And by the way, I have personally been made to wear stickers at business meetings on $100 silk blouses that have pulled the fabric so cheap fabric is not the only thing that can get ruined!

Give me a break

No matter what you think of the dress, she got it for her sweet 16!! AI should fix it. Its not like it would cost them loads and it means a lot to the girl.

Lucy Phoenix

Lovely - take your spam and stick it to your dress. This article isn't about britbitch

JM

that sucks

xnuzboss

Anybody ever heard of Goo-Gone? Geez.

Rose-Lee Gypsy

What is this girl doing going out of the house looking like a tramp? To me the dress looked like opfal, and she should be glad and get rid of it! Burn it! Harvey would you like to see me in something like that? NO! I don't so! Only a zoyne would be caught dead in something like that!
Only a few hours until the TMZ comes on! I'm already starting to tingle!
I LOVE HARVEY LEVIN!

I laugh at other's misfortunes

She's an American Idol fan. No sympathy here. One season of this show is about as long as the NBA playoffs. And they even have shows on 3 times a week sometimes. SHEESH!!

Boomer1949

oh whatever.......and why was she wearing a prom dress anyway? If she valued it that much, it should be hanging in her closet for years and years and years.................yeah I know it wasn't a prom dress....sweet 16 like there is any such thing.

JM

I'm Here For You Too

Grandmother Lohan

What a freakin' bozo!
Waaaahhhhhh! My ugly dress is ruined!!!
Shut the hell up!