Ryan

Ain't No Dunkelman!

4/29/2008 9:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No DunkelmanSo there's a story floating around that "Idol" honchos are thinking of 86'ing Ryan Seacrest because ratings are down.

In case you don't know, we have spies! We're told producers are privately laughing at the stories because the ratings are still through the roof and "Idol" pulls in a s**tload of money. And so does Ryan Seacrest, who ain't going nowhere.

Bloodbaths are reserved for contestants only. No parking please.

americanidle

Ryan Seacrest is great - on American Idol or elsewhere. I think the ratings would plummet if he were to leave. Ryan is a natural and that's why he's so successful.

disgusted

The reason the ratings are down is because Michael Johns is gone and people like Brooke and Jason are still in the mix. Johns had a huge audience - maybe not the teenie bopper crowd that sits and texts every 5 minutes, but a huge portion of Idol's audience never votes. It's the non-voters causing the drop in ratings because the ones worth watching are no longer on the show!

just wondering

#1 pretty much sums it up...Simon is fun to listen too, Paula is good for a laugh with her blubering her words all over the place ( yet again tonite) and Ryan is good at his job....the " talent" not exciting at all, hope Cook wins...but the tweens will probably vote for shy boy.

Jerry

I am so sooooooo tired of American Idol. Can we pleeeeaaasse switch up to something even remotely interesting?

Jackie

It's not Ryan, Randy, Simon or Paula that's the cause of the rating going down. At the beginning it seemed like all amatures and now you put professionals in with the amatures and I don't think its fair. I'm a senior citizen and know a little about music, and I've worked with young people all my life.

monica

I can't stand Ryan Seacrest. He is so full of himself, and so disrespectful towards Simon. Simon Cowell has been involved in music and television long before that blonde bigmouth was ever even heard of. I stopped watching Idol because of Ryan.

Marcia

There is no Idol without Ryan!!!!

Missy

Ryan is the only reason I watch IDOL. I wish everyone would stop spreading these stupid rumors! Find something ELSE to talk about.

Amelia

Ryan is the ONLY good part about American Idol. If Ryan leaves, so do I!

Just call me trailer trash....

american idol is definately on it's last leg....i could barely even watch it up til now and definately won't be watching the next one

ryan - old toad
randy - fat old toad
simon - old toad
paula - drunk, drugged, loopy old toad

Debbie NY

Ratings are down because of election coverage and also because we all have known from the beginning that Archuletta will win.

Just My 2 Cents

just wondering

Debbie...election coverage goes 24/7 for 365 days!!...ugh...that is WHY families put on Idol....the top 5 talent is not EXCITING this yr imo.

just wondering

#11....U R 100% RIGHT ON!!!!!!!

Dan

I'm ready to Ryan to leave. He has become annoying.

annie