Wolfgang to Wolfgang -- Puck You

5/14/2008 10:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wolfgang PuckWolfgang Puck is filing a lawsuit, claiming another Wolfgang has screwed him over.

According to the suit, which will be filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Puck claims a guy named Wolfgang Zwiener opened a rival restaurant, Wolfgang's Steakhouse, just blocks from Spago in Bev Hills. According to the suit, one of the owner's of Wolfgang Steakhouse had a license to use the Spago trademark, but that expired last year.

Puck says the other Wolfgang is riding his lobster tails, confusing potential customers into thinking the Steakhouse is one of Puck's places.

A frustrated Puck says, "The most common reaction is, 'It says Wolfgang's Steakhouse and you are Wolfgang." We're thinking Mozart might have one up on him. Dude, you make pizzas.

The lawsuit claims trademark infringement and unfair competition. Wolfie wants an injunction.

Spongebob

VAN HALEN OU812

THERE'S ONLY 1 REAL WOLFGANG AND THATS WOLFGNG VANHALEN

Kelli

Nothing like pucking yourself. oops...

Mrs.Pitt

Why do you have to be FIRST???? I guess if you can't be a celebrity attention whore, you can be the first to comment on a photo that TMZ deems web worthy and be a LOSER attention whore.

Kat

My father's best friend, Wolfgang Samuel, is a famous author. He has written at least 5 books. Puck don't own that name. Look at Wolf Blitzer.

Gracelyn

I thought the new place was Puck's. It's 2 blocks fdown the same street from Spago. The words WOLFGANG'S Steakhouse couldn't be bigger. I even heard they were closing his other steakhouse Cut. When I had lunch at the new place I asked for Wolfgang and they said he was traveling. I guess to the courthouse!

Kat

How about Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart??

Kitty Angel

Do word association ... if you say Wolfgang, most people will say Puck ... not Zwiener! But love the comment "THERE'S ONLY 1 REAL WOLFGANG AND THATS WOLFGNG VANHALEN" !!!

not a homophobe

trying to post on nick cannon TMZ

not a homophobe

why are you blocking my post on nick cannon TMZ

uallsuck

Awww the over priced, often tiny portions of food! Get over yourself PUCK, u suck period.

Sparky

Who the PUCK cares???? ha

TMZhires13yearolds

The other place IS trying to make hay off Puck's name. Whether he can do anything about is another matter. However, I don't blame him for trying. Wolfgang Zweiner should try to make a name for himself from his own efforts, not Pucks.

Dick Davis

If you PUCKS new anything about copyright law, if you think somebody is committing trademark infringement you HAVE TO sue them. You have no recouse if you let one do it and not everybody. Why do you think Microsoft was so aggressive v. mikerowesoft.com? I'll bet every a-hole that types first in the first spot is an idiot Obama supporter.

bobby

I agree with Puck. In the food world there is ONE Wolfgang and it's Wolfgang Puck!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments