Huckabee's Obama Assassination Proclamation

5/17/2008 12:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Good thing this guy dropped out of the race, cause we certainly don't need this brand of presidential "humor."

Former candidate Mike Huckabee was speaking Friday to the NRA, when there was a loud bang. Instead of continuing his speech, he aimed a joke at Barack Obama. *crickets*

Huckabee apologized for his "offhand remark," saying it was not "intended to offend or disparage Senator Obama." Obama, for his part, refused to comment.

Because what's funnier than killing a U.S. Senator?!

JDtheDJoftheJR

Obviously it was Huckabee's vision for a better America. We can only hope.

Twinker

Huckabee's is one of our premium members.

Republican for Obama

Yes, but here is the difference in outrageous comments. Rev Wright is a pastor of a candidate, Michelle Obama is a wife of a candidate, but the person saying these remarks is actually A CANDIDATE. Infact #2 or 3 in their primaries, tells me all I need to know. And his base is the morally surperior, um, ok.

Someone wake me up when the Republicans have something to say that doesn't try to scare me.

Republican for Obama

47. I was once told that the democratic party was a philosophy based on emotion and the republican party was based on intellect. Based on some of thse comments I can understand why.

Posted at 12:22PM on May 17th 2008 by floridasun

With George Bush in office, seriously? I think my brain just exploded.

FireEmAll

Good lord - he made a silly joke to an audience of NRA people, simply pointing out the differences in stances on gun control. Yeah it was corny, but please. Its politics and they all take stupid stabs at each other - it wasnt meant to be "racial". Blah Im so sick of them all on both sides, and even sicker of TMZ trying to pimp their own agenda. WE DONT CARE TMZ - we come here for mindless entertainment, not more of the goofball politicians. Blah.

dean

Mike is your typical hypocrite.He likes to talk about character,morality and integrity but he has none of his own.As for the NRA I once belonged to it.They are not what a lot of people think they are.They are very corrupt.

oh snap

I thought Huckabee was better than this, what a dumbass that wsn't no joke it was a threat Mike and john SUCKS

Iskur

Why are there so many morons reading this site? Just because TMZ hinted that he mentioned "assassinating Obama" then you all fall for it? And you call HIM stupid? HAHAHAHA

The joke had NOTHING to do with assassination. It was a light hearted joke at best.

jfp

I don't think the Democrats have been trying to win since Gore's SC defeat. Kerry gave up too easy and handed it over in a very suspect manner. (ref:blackbox info)
Now these two losers (C&O) are doing their best to self-destruct. I'll vote for McCain just to teach the Dem-party a lesson.and look to 2013.

Lucy

More violent urging from the religious right.
Next time Mike, Mr. Christian, how bout sayin, "That there was a bomb that just blew up a Planned Parenthood office."
Jesus loves you.

Yummy

You know what?! All of these racist comments towards Obama because he's running to be our next Pres. are insane!

I do not recall, in my 32 years of life, ever hearing racist comments towards any white, male, president, EVER! I mean, sure, there were no media outlets that allow freedom of opinions, but c'mon. What could we complain about? "Oh, boy, here's another white, male,president." That's what we're used to. White people being in power, and realisticaly, screwing it up all across the world for almost everyone!

Are you all scared to have a minority as a Pres.? Do you feel our past and president leaders have done a great job running the country? How's our economy, wars, and world, now? I mean, really, people. You all are so closed minded and a$$backwards.

Nuts

I KNEW THIS GUY WAS A IDIOT.BUT HOW DID HE GET AS FAR IN THE RACE AS HE DID?WAKE UP AMERICA.WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.YOU ELECTED GEO BUSH TWICE FOR GODS SAKE!

Republican for Obama

Its just a joke everyone relax, now if our Vice President said it sure, I can see the worry. But Mike is religious and owns a gun to shoot his food or defend his home from redcoats.

laura

You people are cracking me up. It was not a joke about Obama dying or getting killed. It was a joke about Obama's political stands when it comes to terrorism and terrorist regimes. Let's face it, whethr you like or don't like Obama, the guy would rather duck than stand up and fight. If you agree with turning the other cheek or not retaliating when hit by terrorists or threatened by terrorists, then you are going to agree with Obama. If you'd rather meet the terrorists on the battle field and try to beat them, you won't agree with him. Regardless, it wasn't a bad joke or a mean joke, it was a joke based on Obama's own words as to what he would do if confronted by terrorism/terrorists. Deal with it.

Republican for Obama

So let me get this straight, this former Presidential Candidate makes jokes about shooting the possible nomination of the other party. The Vice President actually shoots people and the current President prefers to use bombs instead of bullets. Well hell if these people aren't backed by the morale values voters who would be?