Cruise Lawyers Spank Baby Store for Babbling

5/22/2008 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a move totally out of character, Tom Cruise has sicked his lawyers on luxury baby boutique Petit Tresor, accusing them of babbling to the tabs about Suri's outrageously expensive designer Scientoloduds.
Click to read docs
According to the cease and desist letter sent by Cruise's law firm, the store leaked false info that Suri's parents dropped a cool $350 - $400K on the tot's wardrobe over the last two years. Tom and Katie's mouthpieces claim the store violated their clients' right of privacy.

The lawyers are asking the store to, "not say anything (whether true or false) about Mr. Cruise and Ms. Holmes' shopping habits."

When TMZ spoke to Petit's Andy Behrman all we got was, "Are we allowed to comment?"

Anti Cruise

Who gives a *&^# about Suri and her ridculous parents? Instead of hiring a group of attorneys, they need to invest in parenting classes!

ThirstyThursday

Tom Cruise gives me the creeps, seriously.

Sparky

I wouldn't want that to happen to me. It'd bad enough to have big brother watching every move we make but for someone to pry into Tom Cruise's shopping habits is something none of us would want. No one should be judged if they make a little or a lot of money.

THE BOSS

FIRST OF ALL, I'M A SPOILED BRAT,AND I WANT WHAT I WANT!!.....WAH WAH WAH>>>>>>>

Judy

Sorry, if they want privacy, maybe send someone else out to do the shopping. You can't have it both ways - want attention when it is important to you - new film, etc., but not want it when it isn't important to you. This is part of being a celebrity.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

WHO GIVES A RATS A$$ HOW MUCH THEY SPEND .

TOM CRUISE IS A WHINE BABY THO . HE'S ALWAYS

B.I.T.C.H.I.N.G ABOUT SOMETHING .

YOU NEVER EVER HEAR HIM TALK ABOUT HIS

OTHER 2 TEENS ??? SURI IS SPOILED , WHEN

SHE IS OLDER SHE WILL HAVE NO APPRECIATION

FOR ANYTHING , THAT AFFECTS "ALL " CELEBS KIDS

NO MATTER HOW OLD THEY'RE .

THESE ARE THE TYPES OF KIDS WHO WILL NEVER GET

A "REAL JOB " LOOK AT PARIS HILTON FOR EXAMPLE .

THERE'S TO A DEGREE , BEING SPOILED BUT AFTER A

CERTAIN AMOUNT , YOU'VE TO GET A REAL JOB WORK

MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY , AND STOP BEING A

"TRUST FUND BABY , KID , TEENS , YOUNG ADULT .

I KNOW A FEW TRUST FUND TEENS / YOUNG ADULT

THEY EXPECT THE WORLD OWES THEM A LIVING .

I RATHER GET A JOB MAKE MY OWN MONEY / RESPECT

FOR MYSELF .......

CELEBS KIDS WILL NEVER HAVE IT .

Edumacated

I wish the store hasd the balls to dtsnd up to him on this. Unless CA law is different form the maority of the country, he has no right of confidentiality with respect to what he has spent in the store. His legal right to privacy extends only to the store's inability to disclose information such as the credit card numbers used to purchase items or, obviously, his home address or other personal contact info. As far as WHAT he purchased, such confidentiality exits only if he has entered into a contract with the store. That is why so many stars have their household help and assistants sign confidentiality ageements. Absent such written agreements, anyone can reveal any information they wish, so long as it puts no one in personal danger and does not cause a security risk. As for the "right of publicity" claim, that goes to the use of his image in advertising. I cannot see how the store would be help liable for simply saying the Cruise family shops there, especially since Tom's PR people probably call the paps each time Katie and her big, red Hermes bag make an appearance. You can't have the paps on alert evert time you go out in public, then claim a right of privacy (or publicity) with respect to where you shop. There are PICTURES of you entering and leaving stores, idiots!

tiger

maybe if they gave some of their money to charity instead of a cult, we would like them

Sherry Brown

If I was still giving my TWO year old a BABY BOTTLE to drink from, I sure wouldn't sue anyone else for anything said about my spending habits on clothes for said child. These two IDIOTS do not belong taking care of a human being, let alone a pet hamster!! Where is CPS when you need them?????!!!!

Funny Answers

Just wondering, if that Nut Cruise and his wife went on Oprah to set the record straight, that they are not ...crazy, nuts, control freaks, etc. then he turns around an expect a retail store not to say they buy there. This man has passed the bizzard stage in life, This contorl freak will explode one day, and he will join L.R. Hubbard in hell sooner than his age should dictate. Get a life, stop reading the papers, responding etc like this reinforces all that is said about him. What a shame, he believes his own press. Wow!!

TMZhires13yearolds

22. How funny. So, if I was standing next to them while they purchased ANYTHING, can I say something or do I, as a plain old citizen have to be quiet too?

Posted at 2:23PM on May 22nd 2008 by Judy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -

Sorry, Judy, but you are sooooooo wrong. This shouldn't be a part of being a celebrity. Why should celebrities have to hide in their houses just because Joe and Jane six-pack are jealous of them. I'd like to see all celebrities start using some of their big bucks to file lawsuits left and right and show the world that they don't have to be second-class citizens. Money talks, and they've got it. Use it on paps, big mouths, and everyone who is trying to make money at their expense.

Vanilla Cokehead

What a crock! Someone needs to provide a phone number so Tom or one of his stooges can call a waaaaambulance!

Edumacated

Sorry, previously posted before proofing:
**********************************************
I wish the store had the balls to stand up to him on this. Unless CA law is different from the majority of the country, he has no right of confidentiality with respect to what he has spent in the store. His legal right to privacy extends only to the store's inability to disclose information such as the credit card numbers used to purchase items or, obviously, his home address or other personal contact info. As far as WHAT he purchased, such confidentiality exits only if he has entered into a contract with the store. That is why so many stars have their household help and assistants sign confidentiality ageements. Absent such written agreements, anyone can reveal any information they wish, so long as it puts no one in personal danger
and does not cause a security risk. As for the "right of publicity" claim, that goes to the use of his image in advertising. I cannot see how the store would be held liable for simply saying the Cruise family shops there, especially since Tom's PR people probably call the paps each time Katie and her big, red Hermes bag make an appearance. You can't have the paps on alert every time you go out in public, then claim a right of privacy (or publicity) with respect to where you shop. There are PICTURES of you entering and leaving stores, idiots!

me

scientolotots, scientolobots,, tater tots

emily santiago

TC and his spoiled brat GF KH do EVERYTHING to make their jaded faces pulic, their spending habits public, the cost of their mansions public, arrogant show-offs. So what does he care the public knows the fortune they waste on their 3 year olds clothes (yes, another of their many lies). He is probably making a stink so the public WILL know. How would we have known if he didn't draw attention to what his stupid GF spends.
Can't we have one day without this sickening pair in front of our eyes. They have nothing better to do, they are both unemployed.