David Archuleta: Welcome to the Losers' Circle

5/22/2008 12:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that little Davey has been crowned runner-up, he joins Justin Guarini, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee and Blake Lewis in the long list of names you'll immediately forget about after reading this post.

His one shining hope -- turning out like Clay Aiken. That's dim.

Laurie

People read only part of the article. Duh! Clay was the runner up! That is what the article is saying!!! He is one,,,if not the most successful Idol. What they are saying is that David A.'s chance is to be as good as Clay Aiken...and that is dim...is not going to happen is what they are trying to say.

meg

Wow! Retards! Are you all that stupid? They weren't saying Ruben lost........they were saying Clay was runner-up and had more success than the winner, Ruben S. Let's take a poll.....all in favor of dumb asses not being allowed to comment before Mommy proof-reads say "Yay".....Yay!! LOL.....Whenever you think you have a valid point.....stop....rethink......it'll save your wasted breath and time....that means more time to play dungeons and dragons.

WantedRamieleToWin

Much was made about David Archuleta's Mormon upbringing during this season. Dad Jeff must be a black eye to the church. Bet the church is pissed that they're not going to get as big a tithing payoff as they expected. Would be interesting to see what happens when David comes out of the closet. Does the church change its anti-gay policy to preserve their tithing? First Mitt and now David prove that a Mormon can't win the big one.

nataliec

35. TMZ writers are the angriest, bitchiest, loneliest people on the planet. They've got nothing going for themselves, so they write bitchy crap to try to cut down people who actually have talent, ambition, and something else going for them. Shame on you, TMZ. It's sad that our country has an appetite for this venom.

Posted at 1:55PM on May 22nd 2008 by Scott

scott you are a bitch calling the kettle black.....what a dumb ass you are.....so you posting here makes you one of the lonliest people in the world...hell your ass is posting here....dumb bitch

coca

It could be worse. He could be a loser who works for TMZ.

meg

Dumbass wrote:
"TMZ writers are the angriest, bitchiest, loneliest people on the planet. They've got nothing going for themselves, so they write bitchy crap to try to cut down people who actually have talent, ambition, and something else going for them. Shame on you, TMZ. It's sad that our country has an appetite for this venom"
LOLOLOLOLOL!!! takes one to know one....lame.

Gracie

well... just look at how big daughtry is! little david still can go far just like daughtry did. u never know!

San Francisco

Geez, am I really going to stick up for TMZ??? When they said DA would end up like Clay, I think they meant that in that case, the "loser" Clay did WAY better than the Luther V.-Wannabe = Ruben.

lady godiva

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

"Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't win, after all, Mormons vote for Mormons regardless of strengths or weaknesses, period (I do think he is very talented though)."

Posted at 12:15PM on May 22nd 2008 by MallowMind

Both my brother and I are Mormons and both voted for David Cook so you are patently wrong.

I have always wondered why some people are so threatened by Mormons and their beliefs that they have to be soooo vocal about it. I feel no need to tear down others religions in order to feel good about my beliefs.

If you don't believe what the LDS church believes then why are you so upset? It just does not make sense to me. I suspect you and your kind (Mormon bashers) have more serious personal issues and that is why you choose to vent on those you don't agree with. It is prejudice and if this were a more non-controversial religion, I believe this could be deemed "hate speech".

Both Davids were outstanding and thus the decision came down to personal preference. Yes, SOME Mormons voted for one of their own, however, with 44 million votes, others voted for David also.

I believe that Archeleta would have had a greater benefit to his career had he won. David Cook will make it in the industry regardless of the win. He's talented and marketable, plain and simple. Sometmes being saddled with a title is a hinderance careerwise.

Joanne

The "biggest" WINNER OF ALL??? Jennifer Hudson with an ACADEMY AWARD. And she wasn't first or second. I believe David Archuleta is going to go FAR in his future career.. Maybe after he finishes his education..... You are a WINNER in my book, David A...!!! And others, too, I AM SURE!!!!

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

"82. As soon as Archie is finished being grounded for losing AI, I'm sure he will have a blossoming career in front of him. What the Hell, TMZ? Man you guys are brutal. Have you forgotten Daughtry? HELLO???"

Posted at 7:41PM on May 22nd 2008 by lady godiva"

While I agree with your assessment of TMZ's reporting, I do not think David A's father is as he is portrayed in the press. David is not only just 17, he is a naive 17 and I am glad to see that there is someone there to look out for HIS interests.It is unfair to David A to make him feel he has to defend his father, whom he obviously loves. David C. is much older and more worldly, and while he needs his family's support, does not need their protection.

Family relationships are complex things which often are misunderstood by those looking from the outside in. David A has an extended, close family which may not be understood by those who do not care to have close family ties, for whatever reason. I hope his family is able to help him stay on the straight and narrow in his career and is able to allow him to navigate an industry that has eaten more than one of its own.

Besides, from all of the reports I've seen trying to verify what has been said about Jeff, most, if not all, have been unsuccessful. Even Simon likes him. I just think that Nigel is the one with the problem.

I'd like to know if Jeff was aware that the change in lyrics was going to have to be paid for. Not everyone is aware of the intricacies of paying to use the songs.

lady godiva

LOL

This is for all you nimrods who are referring to David Archuleta as "Archie". HINT: There is no Archie on AI, there is a David Cook and a David Archuleta.

I know that some words are too hard to you to spell (which is why I'm using small, easy to understand words for you), and so you use the name "Archie". Is is so hard for you to spell "David A"?

I guess this is also the reason so many of you use the term 'paps' when you really want to say 'paparazzi', but you get confused and don't know how to spell it.

HINT: 'paps' is an old English word pertaining to breasts.

Here are some examples:

For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. (King James Version)

For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts which never gave suck. (American King James Version)

Mean what you say and say what you mean. Or is it that I'm expecting too much from some of you.......

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

86. Dear "huh?" -- blah, blah, blah..... When you have celebrities going on record (ie, Naomi Judd) saying Jeff Archuleta is the Stage Dad From Hell, that lends itself to some credibility. And being in that "atmosphere" for as long has he has, then hell yeah, he knew Idol would have to pay for two songs. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Posted at 8:51PM on May 22nd 2008 by lady godiva

I thought I was reponding to an adult. My bad....