Sharon Stone Calls Chinese Earthquake "Karma"

5/26/2008 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When is a natural disaster a good thing? When the afflicted country commits human rights violations -- at least according to Sharon Stone.

Stone gave an interview while on the red carpet at Cannes this weekend in which -- after recounting all of China's atrocities -- she wondered, "All these earthquake and stuff happened and I thought, 'Is that karma?' When you are not nice that bad things happen to you." My name is Sharon!

Sharon went on to say she has come around and no longer thinks the death of over 60,000 people is cosmic payback. "Basic Instinct 2" is a whole other story.

KELC

I personally don't care much for Sharon Stone, but on this she was just voicing her opinion, China has done many atrocities over the years I wondered the same thing myself.

Bee

This is an ignorant and flakey statement, even coming from Sharon Stone. Basically she is saying that because of what the Chinese government had done that has led to human rights violations on their own citizens. It means that the same people that have been affected by these policies should deserve to lose their homes, their loved ones especially majority of them children, and their ways to earn a living? What a hypocrite she is... hosting fancy fund raisers drinking champagne for the sake of saving lives while being self-righteous and suggesting that babies and all deserved to be crushed to death...

tba

It's time Sharon Stone takes her karma and shoves it up her ***

mmmmmm hmmmmm

DID ANY OF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO? SHE IS BEING HUMBLE HERE. I CANT BELIEVE YOU MORONS. WATCH THE CLIP BEFORE YOU OPIN.

Pat

The 1556 China earthquake is believed to have killed 830,000 so maybe the Chinese rulers are much nicer than they used to be, and therefore only get 1/10 as much bad karma.
Actually, I believe the earthquakes in China are karma for human right abuses as much as I believe Hurricane Katrina was karma for some U.S. states allowing gay marriage; in other words not at all.

mmmmmm hmmmmm

all you people being mean here should be careful

arent you speaking of Karma, after all??

isnt it ironic?

lol

Shea

This OLD BAG is so STUPID. Why can't she just shut up and let her career finish drying up?

RacheLV

...and this woman supposedly is a member of Mensa?

Heene

What a stupid thing to say, just because the government of China might be evil doesn't mean the people are. Look at America, we have evil people in charge, it's not like the people can do a damn thing about it. Speak out against the government and wind up at the bottom of the ocean or in a wood chipper. Dumb rich bitch.

Twinker

I think TMZ has forgotten about the San Andreas fault and its ever shifting plates underneath their very feet.

Shirlaine D.

Did She Drink? May Be I have misunderstood! I Hope I Do!

Damn I'm Shocked!!!!! What's The Matter With Her??

A Terrible And Unforseeable Earthquake (It Could Be anywhere in The world even in L.A ) And She's talking About Karma?!!!!!

Can we talk about "Karma" For All the catastrophe In The world???? Can We joke With This To The Victims' close relatives ??Is This Adapted to the situation, Sharon??

Don't She have any Compassion and Heart For The victims (More Than A Thousands of Childrens died In Collapsed school and houses) .

80000 persons (capacity of A full Town like Yuma in Arizona) At least Died By Families, Children, Women, Men: All innocents ... And We currently haven't Finish To count Them!... And try to avoid More by prevent epidemics...

We are talking about human beings Lock In A Natural catastrophe and She taliking About political point of view And She's trying "Low Costly" To Be Witty And "Phyllosophically "Spiritual- minded...

Well, Sharon"heart of"Stone, Chinese Children Deserve WHat's happens To Them.... By The Only Fact That they Live In China... Bad bad Country! .... Get What You Want!... And Taste the Ba(d)sic Instinct Of Sharon!!!!!

Blurpsss!!!

Degusting!

blue pen

Oooooooooo bad choice of words there... but I will agree with her that China is ridiculously cruel nation. I can't abide the place nor the people for some of the things they do and believe in. JMO.

Mariah

#35 (Lazy Losers): You're right, actually. I am one who posted before watching the clip. She WAS actually saying she harbored unkind thoughts and then was shamed by the very group of people who have been the most ostracized and persecuted by their government (the Tibetans). She was saying if they, of all people, can forgive and ask for help for the Chinese govt. then perhaps she and others should put personal feelings aside and help out. The message was fairly obvious.

Tweety

I think she is just saying that she DID have feelings like this, but that when she found out the Tabetins (WHO SHOULD HATE THE CHINESE) were willing to help that it was humbling to her and that she learned a lesson from it. Maybe she just got her words mixed up a little bit. Give the woman a break!!

Meri

What a stupid comment. I can't stand her. She is too full of herself and always has been.