Barack to McCain: Check Out My Cooter!

6/6/2008 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It may come as a shock but Ben Jones, aka "Cooter Davenport," says "rednecks" like him have nothin' but love for Barack Obama. Too bad for Jessica Simpson -- the same can't be said about her "The Dukes of Hazzard" remake.

LisaN

Yeah, it's a "shock" that a guy who served in the House of Representatives as a Democrat would be supporting Obama. Whatever, TMZ.

Redtornado1973

Cooter is a well known democrat. He doesnt speak for any rednecks I know.

JEB

This clown thinks the part he played in the Dukes of Hazzard was real. Liberal communist. A vote for Obama is a vote for the destruction of what's left of this country. Liberals are allowed to breathe and spew this crap only because we allow it. Those days, I'm afraid, are coming to an end. Check out www.TedNugent.com. Now THAT'S American.

jfp

Hey, we've learned to never openly speak against anything black. Any negative statement no matter how justified will result in a redneck racist slur. We will support Barrack in public but in the voting booth turn against him.

aobelaos

The cooter shows himself true to his call sign - he ain't no bonehead - my unerring respect to the man. Not only was he in a terrific show - and traditonal southern pride has real purchase with courage - even built on an unjust premise - but the cooter doesn't dwell upon past wrongs. The Cooters a southern hero, an intellect and a survivor. My respect to the americans if they vote this man Obama to be their president - as a nation they will get so much credit from the rest of the world - I think. I am not american and suspect where I live is a far better place - but I do love their history and alot of what they have given the world (yes we are all aware of their social hypocrisies and imbalances es, and insane believe in 'god'). Then they come up with Obama and again they, as a culture, take anouther giant step forward. My best wishes, and thanks to the Cooter.

Lisa

He doesn't speak for any of the rednecks I know. He needs to get in touch with his fellow rednecks before he opens his big mouth.