Charlie and Denise Battle Over Needles

6/10/2008 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Our spies tell us Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen are at loggerheads over whether to vaccinate their kids.
Charlie and Denise
Charlie is convinced vaccinations are poison. We're told they are now at a stalemate and may end up in court. Pretty ironic and Hollywood, that a judge may have to decide whether to make the kids cry.

Apparently, the doctor for the kids has been siding with Denise. We got hold of a threatening letter Charlie's lawyer sent to the pediatrician last month, advising him Sheen did not consent to any treatment and promising legal retribution if he doesn't listen.

gbop

Number 175...wrong. 3rd world countries have poor nutrition, no water and no immune systems, they don't stand a chance. Getting the measles or chicken pox or the flu is fine if you have a good immune system, if you don't, well...All disease are cyclical, they come and go, so don't kid yourself into believing that being stuck with a needle full poisons is good for you. Un-vaccinated children have less ear infections, less colds, less asthma and are generally healthier. If you went to your doctor and said my kid drank formaldehyde and has measles, mumps, rubella, diptheria, tetanus and pertussis, do you think your MD would say, "oh, he'll be fine?" No, he wouldn't, so why is it okay for a doctor to do that to your child on any given day? Think about it and do some research, look at the numbers, they just don't add up.

PeteK

Wow! when you slam the board they come out of the woodwork. I warned you all a few letters ago the anecdotal stuff was going to come out. I didn't think all the twists on actual research would as well as trying to compare autisim with totally unrelated illnesses. This is just like stuff from the 9/11 deniers which I might add one of the parents has voiced his opinion already. If you want to see some great put downs of these folks I suggest www.fumento.com Go to the hate mail section and click on chapter 25. Not only is it fun to read, Mr. Fumento uses actual cites. Remember there is a reason when they mention someone is "formally" and some had "resigned". It's not nefarious they just were not up to the job. BTW one doctor they used to cite as an expert had her licensed pulled for being a quack. Thats another web page you can check.

gretchen

Okay- do you all realize that these studies are NOT INDEPENDENT STUDIES??? Do you know what that means?? Do you understand that these drug companies do their own studies?? Ha DUH!!!!!! SO sure lets just believe everything the goverment shoves in our kids. How about us as parents. Have WE gotten caught up on those 36 shots? Are you gonna go and get them too?? Hmmmm, things that make you go hmmmmm......

So great, your kid may have been able to metabolize these shots better. Good for you. Thank God. But, until you have a child diagnosed with Autism and go thru all the pain and suffering your child goes thru, you would hesitate. So go Charlie., You ROCK for trying to protect yor children. Get them vaccinated when toxins are removed.

Maribelle

Did anyone else notice that the older girl has the same creepy look as Charlie?

EVC

Go Charlie!!!!!!! I am so glad his is sticking to his guns under the pressure!!!!!!

I am horrified by many of the ignorant comments being made here about vaccines. Research, people, research! It is this kind of ignorance that is constantly being exploited by the pharmaceutical companies. Vaccines DO contain some nasty, nast stuff--just check the ingredients. And it is NOT all about autism--why is that the only thing people mention? It is about injecting poisons into our children. And for what good reason? To prevent diseases tht are generally not dangerous in healthy individuals? Why are people suddenly so afraid of chickenpox? Mumps? Where would a NEWBORN child even contract HepB (assuming the mother is negative)? Why on earth are we injecting our chldren with this garbage?

As for the third world country argument, the problem is lack of sanitation, clean drinking water, and good nutrition. THIS is why disease spreads. After these conditions were improved in the US, the rate of disease and mortality went down. Have any of you read stats on the indidence of disease throughout the history of the US? These so-called VPDs were on the rapid decline BEFORE mass vaccination was introduced. If living conditions were improved in the third world, they would go down there too. Vaccines are not the answer, clean drinking water is! And by the way, my 100% vax-free daughter was BORN in the "third world" and although we currently live in teh US, we travel back there regularly to visit friends and family. It does not worry me in the slightest, because I know that her immune system is healthy, strong, and INTACT.

Keep it up, Charlie! You know what's best for your children!

Hayley

VACCINES DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM!!!!WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO STUPID??? MILLIONS OF PEOPLE GET VACCINES AND NOTHING HAPPENS. SO a small percentage get sick from them and all you crazy people start screaming that children shouldn't be vaccinated?????? So should we stop driving cars because you can get in an accident? THINK ABOUT IT YOU MORONS! I CANNOT STAND UNEDUCATED PEOPLE!

ME

The poll is, who's hurting the kids...duh...THEY BOTH ARE!!!! Britney lost her kids for being a screw up, why don't they loose theirs? This is sooo STUPID! Quit giving them attention!

Hayley

One Mad Momma

For all of you who want to claim there is no proof that the vaccines cause Autism - Well There also isn't any proof that it doesn't. And there is some proof that it does - Go check out some stats, Go see how many Amish children you can find with Autism ( they refuse vaccines) Also the same vaccines that contain the Thimasol that they have been pumping in our children for years, have been given to young primates and some of them have shown signs of Autism. I am not claiming that you should not vaccinate your child, I like many other concerned parents am just trying to be heard. We want to protect our children and the vaccines need to be GREEN, free from harmful chemicals and additives. They also need to be more spaced out and not given in such a short time span. No not all kids get Autism from vaccines BUT some do. My son did and that is a reason for me to fight for change. And yes I am a huge Jenny McCarthy SUPPORTER!!!!

Allie

Never thought I would be on Charlie's side. However he is right - and he should have a say in his childrens health. He is their father and pays child support, and I am sure other expenses.
To you Denise - please start reading - do some research on vaccines - kids today get too many and its wrecking their
immune systems, stomachs, some Neurological health.
You have not done your home work! Having children today, requires more than showing up for the act.
Our future depends on the next generation being healthy. Don't listen to your kids DR - he probably hasn't read
the vaccine insert warning and side effects sheet. YOu can also check into the FDA, CDC websites for ingredients
of all vaccines. And just google for NVIC - that will bring you a host of info.

One Mad Momma

181. Actually EVC, it's those who have done their research who realize that vaccines are necessary. Research shows no link to vaccines and autism. Research has shown that vaccines are the most important advancement in medical history ever! So maybe YOU are the one who needs to do some research. Of course vaccines contain chemicals. And you can also crash your car. You can get hit by a bus. You can get cancer from drinking soda. Are you going to stop driving, drinking soda and never leave your house? I didn't think so. USE COMMON SENSE!

Posted at 10:41AM on Jun 11th 2008 by Molly

ARE YOU KIDDING ME - who in the Hell do you think FUNDED the research that claims there are NO links - I will tell you who - the BIG Pharm companies and the doctors that were scared of being SUED thats who - Of COURSE their "research " would not find any links!!!!! IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE - GREEN our children's Vaccines!!!! Let us stop pumping foreign chemicals in to our innocent babies!!! If there were no links found, then please tell me why a bill was passed stating that the doctors could Not be held responsible for harm done due to vaccines! Oh yea - sounds innocent to me!

Kate

I have a cousin who's been a teacher for kids with autism for the past 15 years or so. Needless to say, this subject has come up now and then. Lemme tell ya, she goes downright NUCLEAR when people suggest that autism is linked to vaccines. She IS an expert in her field, and will be the first to tell you that there is ABSOLUTELY no link between the 2. Pepole need to read up on the subject, and stop it with the conspiracy theories. We're becoming a country of loonies!

One Mad Momma

163. "We all know someone that has autism."

That's not true. I don't know anyone who has autism. There are no autistic kids in my neighborhood, social circle, extended family, church or children's school.

I believe that the lower your position on the socioeconomic scale, the more likely you are to either claim that your kids have autism or have family members or know some parents who are fraudulently claiming that their kids have autism so that you and they can claim government funds for assistance.

Somebody smarter than me said it already, but maybe your "autistic" kids really are just stupid?

JUST FOR YOUR INFO YOU UNEDUCATED FOOL - MY HUSBAND MAKES $90,000 A YEAR - MY SON HAS AUTISM - WE DON'T GET GOV'T FUNDS -
AND WHAT KIND OF SOULESS ANIMAL ARE YOU TO SAY THAT AUTISTIC KIDS ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!! SAYING THAT JUST PROVES WHO THE STUPID ONE IS - YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN OR YOU WOULD KNOW HOW OFFENSIVE THAT COMMENT WAS -
AND ALSO THE GOV'T COULD OFFER ME ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD AND I WOULD STILL NOT CLAIM MY CHILD HAD AUTISM TO GET IT. YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Posted at 2:22AM on Jun 11th 2008 by Shyness is not a disorder

EVC

"Research shows no link to vaccines and autism. "

Autsim had NOTHING to do with my decision to NOT vaccine my daughter. Autism is NOT the only issue here. For me, it was not a factor at all. For some it may be a factor, but it is ridiculous to paint the vaccine issue as centering around autism. It does not.

"Research has shown that vaccines are the most important advancement in medical history ever! "

Uh, no it doesn't.

"o maybe YOU are the one who needs to do some research."

I have done over 5 years of research. I feel that is certainly a basis to make a sound decision on the matter,

"And you can also crash your car"

Yes, that's why I wear a setbelt and my child is in a booster seat. I take reasonable precautions. Same with health issues--and for me, reasonable health precautions include a healthy diet and not injecting my child with toxic chemicals.

"You can get cancer from drinking soda."

Soda? Yuck! Never touch the stuff nor would I ever let my daughter drink it. Soda is disgusting and unhealthy. Remember, I talked about a healthy diet? This is what I mean! Soda, candy, chips, fast food, junk with chemicals and tons of sugar---not in my house, thank you very much. I believe in taking measures to ensure good health. If you're talking about drinking soda, well, it's not surprising that you also think vaccines are no problem ;-)

justme

this is to #183 then what do You suggest we do for the childhood ailments like measles,polio etc do we think we can ignore those risks and do nothing ? You say dont listen to your doctor who do you listen to then? all doctors are lying so dont listen to them that sounds crazy. so far all ive heard is people saying dont get the shots for the kids but nobody is coming up with a solution on how then to prevent those diseases.What your encouraging is an epidemic nobody get shots and then lets just see what will happen and were suppose to sit back and watch a chidl die because were scared they MIGHT get autism and even thats not proven .