Coolio Coo-Coo-Cooked by Cops

6/10/2008 8:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe those braids really are pulled too tight: Coolio was just collared in Hollywood for driving on a suspended license. Not gangsta, no paradise!

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ that the rapper-turned-TV chef (real name: Artis Leon Ivey, Jr. -- yes, we're serious) was pulled over in a 1996 Hummer around 1 AM PT for a minor traffic violation. That's when the po-po discovered that there was a warrant out for Coolio -- for a suspended license. He had originally been popped in San Bernadino County, Calif. in 2001 for the driving on a suspended license charge ... guess he never handled his business!

They took him into custody, and his bail has been set at $10,000.

matt

$10,000 for no license? People murder people and get out for $5,000............nice system.

Mike

Isn't this the part where he breaks down in tears and starts crying for his mommy?

Lord Snooty

Will Al Sharpton pay his bail ...?

matt

#3 - It depends if it will get him on T.V or not.

Bird

Cali really kills me with these high bail amounts for traffic violations. And how the hell does Coolio have enough money to gas up a Hummer? Didn't he have one hit 10 - 15 years ago? Legends from back in the day who made albums and albums worth of classic music are broke and this one hit wonder is riding around in a Hummer? Life truly is not fair.

Janice

Boy this is real big news
WHAT ABOUT THE THIRTEEN KILLINGS IN AND AROUND LA?

Khaj

Tis I...
"And how the hell does Coolio have enough money to gas up a Hummer? Didn't he have one hit 10 - 15 years ago?"

A quick glance at IMDB might answer your question.

Lord Snooty

"we had a racial conflict at the club"... so being denied because you didn't bother to make a reservation is racial ?? WAIT A MINUTE : BRANDON DAVIS MUST BE AS BLACK AS COAL THEN !!!

Mr. Obvious

no, it wasn't because of my dumb ass failing to makes reservations that cost us getting in... its because we iz black.

I'm starting to better under stand the race card. use it , makes you look less retarded.

go straight to jail dude.

Lord Snooty

Maybezzz youzzz gottaa stopzz to speakezz likezz a treezzmonkeyzz so the homeyzz at the doorzz don't thinkazz you izz retardzz...

Chief Gary

Harvey Levin is back in the Police Car they are
going to take Harvey Levin to Jail and the Judge
this going tell Harvey Levin you are a ass hole
you are going to jail for 1,000 years I hope
you are happy now

grr

San Ber-NAR-dino county.

me

Sounds like racism to me.

I met Coolio a couple of years ago at LAX....I am a fan and a friend of mine pushed me to approach him, and I did. He was so nice to me, completely down to earth, and didn't act at all annoyed. I even got a pic with him.

I hate racism and love Coolio!

kk holliday.....

it was black /white problem.they didnt want the black to rum off in the club.And my name is not shaniqua .....you white people really stick together...maybe us black folks should try it some time

buck

why so many posts on coolio? i was in LA recently and i have 0 posts about myself. Being a security guard in massachusetts makes me more famous than coolio.

but hey $30 goes far when living in a gangsta's paradise i guess?