Miley's Pa Smears Annie L. as Pap

6/11/2008 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Cyrus family continues to throw Annie Leibovitz under the bus for the snaps she took of Miley for Vanity Fair.

Billy Ray told Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM show that he considers Leibovitz – perhaps the world's most famed portraitist – to be just another paparazzo. "I was catching these crawdads and all the sudden this paprazzi lady jumps out ... and starts snapping away," he told Ryan. It was Annie.

Family Cyrus has been in full backtrack since a semi-topless shot appeared back in May.

Usher -– I Retired, Not Fired, My Mama

Usher just wants to set the record straight about his mom, the woman everyone says he canned in favor of his new wife Tameka Foster.

"My mother and I decided to change her situation, together," he tells July's Vibe. "I decided to not fire, not get rid of but ... to retire her to be a full-time grandmother." Ush got slammed last year when he replaced mom Jonetta with Tameka as his manager.

Carrie Underwood Releases Lots of Gas

So it's just a lil' redneck, but Carrie Underwood says that she's just not hot because, well, she burps. A lot.

"I don't consider myself sexy ... I'm socially awkward," she tells Cosmo. "I usually wear sweats everywhere I go. Oh, and I burp a lot." Paging Dept. of T.M.I.! Of course, this gassy predilection might've been what attracted the opposite ends of the macho spectrum -– Tony Romo and Chace Crawford.

Party Favors: Shaq's Going to Save Your House ... Scarlett's Still Obama's Real Girl ... Heath Helps Aussie Actors

Shaquille O'Neal wants to do some serious development in Orlando, helping people who are facing foreclosure to avoid getting tossed out of their homes, reports the Orlando Sentinel. He actually wants to buy mortgages. ... Scarlett Johansson is still relentlessly emailing Barack Obama and hosting fundraisers, says Politico, despite the fact that he has the Dem nom all sewn up. As long as she doesn't sing. ... An Aussie film group – Australians in Film – have set up a major scholarship for aspiring actors and filmmakers in the name of the late lamented Heath Ledger.

Joey

Why is it odd that SJ is hosting parties for the Democratic Party candidate... the election isn't over until November... it isn't like McCain's supporters stopped helping raise money when he wrapped up his party nomination. How stupid is TMZ? VERY!!! Do your photographers write your articles?

Dottie

Billy Ray knew damn well what was going on during that photo shoot. LIES.
I hope no one is buying Usher's story either. His mom was p*ssed that he took up with a (then) married woman. He didn't want mom all up in his biz, so he fired her. All for a not so attractive woman with a husband and kids. LIES

wtf

I heard Billy Ray said his 8 year old son asked if the pap was Annie. Regardless I don't think the 8 year old said it I think Billy made up the story so he could get the message out there without owning the words. The Cyrus family is looking like Lohan 2.0

Lenn K.

Billy Ray don't lie, you were right there when the photos were taken. You should have said something then, you knew what she was doing. The problem you have is you didn't think people would react like they did. Carrie, I bet your gas don't smell at least that's what my wife always say. Usher, kicking your mom to the curb sounds different the way you put it.

SolarMal

Just curious, when Miley took her shirt off, covered her chest with a sheet, then gave the sex-kitten look over her shoulder, what kind of photo did the parents think it was? Come on people, the second there was a request for the shirt to be removed, the parents, or Miley, should have said 'no'. Idiots.

Logan

Young hollywood better watch it with this Obama luvin crap. Boycotts will begin hitting there carreers. Did they not learn from the last two elections? These people just just keep there mouths shut. If you want to follow a Muslum/Racist.

Liz

The entire Cyrus family needs to drop it ........................the more they talk about it, the more ignorant they look Poster family for "white trash"!

Carrie Underwood is a very down to earth person however, there are some things one need not discuss with the media!

Usher will one day regret "retiring" his mother.................doubt his marriage will last.

mc

once again tmz you get it wrong! billy ray said that his little 8 year old daughter noah asked if the lady was annie! you guys are freaking morons!

Patrick

Cyrus was NOT referring to Annie L. when he was talking to Ryan you ignorant gutter snipes! He was talking about a member of the paparazzi who had followed him and NOAH, another of his daughters, out in the woods. "If it's a slow news day, LET'S JUST MAKE IT UP!!" Guess that's your motto. You people are pathetic.

Peter B.

Mr.Cyrus,can you give me your address so I can send you Annie's work? She has several books you may be intrestecto see...NOW for you she's just a "papparazzo lady"...c'mon!! she's one of the greatest phographers of this era.Don't be ridiculous please! Billy Ray Lohan!

Robin

Annie Leibovitz is a wonderful photographer. I saw the photos and I thought they were done in very good taste. Don't sweat it Cyrus Family. They were awesome. Who cares what the others think. Lets move on to bigger & better things.

Make It Right!!

I hope all legitimate photographers will not photograph Miley Cytus as long as the family continues to blame Ms. Liebovitz for the photo scandal. I agree, the parents were there and no one objected until the "furor" over the fotos happened. They originally wanted the fotos to give Miley an older, more mature look as she is growing up and they wanted her to be marketable to the adult audience so she doesn't end up just another child actor who can't get work as an adult. Then they were surprised when the parents of her current fann base were 'outraged' by the fotos. And what about these 'outrage' parents! Get a grip people! It isn't like she was posing for Playboy! I am not a Miley Cyrus fans, but Annie took very, very beautiful fotos of her!

Cool

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Usher should retire his wife from being his manager and be his son's fulltime mom...what a douche!!!

Anita

Leibovitz did nothing wrong and only some perverted "Christian" minds would see something wrong with those photos.

This tempest-in-a-teapot tells us more about what's going on in the minds of socalled religious folks than about Miley.

Jeesus. You backwoods religionists make America the laughing stock of the world.

Anita

Scarlett Johansen's lousy music CD tanked and when was the last time she had a hit movie.

Even worse, she got banged by Josh Hartnett. Eeeeewwwwww.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments