Photog Claims "Iron Man" Stiff-Armed Him

6/13/2008 8:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A paparazzo has filed suit in Federal court alleging Paramount and Marvel Entertainment swiped a pic he took off the internet and used it in "Iron Man" -- without paying him!
Read the docs
Ronnie Adams says he legally snapped the first photos of Robert Downey Jr. on set in his "Iron Man" getup. He posted them on a friend's website, only to have the studio shut it down. Then, months later, Adams saw one of his pics in the movie. He says the studio removed his watermark and used the image without his permission.

A rep from Paramount could not be reached for comment. Marvel told us they hadn't seen the lawsuit yet.

gus

Boo freakin hoo. Hope the studio tells the pap to shove it up his greedy slimy bottom feeding arse.

Broke Writer

That sucks. First they won't pay the writers what they deserve, and now they steal pictures? That movie made like a gazillion dollars, do they really have to steal pictures?

Eric in L.A.

Proof it dude.... I'm sure there were a lot of people that took pictures that day that look exactly like yours. Including the studeo photogs.... You are wasting your time.

blackandwhitegirl

Marvel Entertainment- you need to give that paparazzo his money. It's not right to use his photo without his permission.
By the way Robert Downey Jr. is gorgeous!!

I'm RBJ's biggest fan!!!

sugartwin hollywood ca

THAT'S FAIR PLAY AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED!!! THESE PHOTOGS MAKE MONEY OFF OF OTHER PEOPLES PHOTOS ALL THE TIME AND NEVER GIVE A DIME TO THEM! HAS BRAD PITT EVER GOTTEN A PENNY FOR ANY PHOTO THEY EVER TOOK OF HIM. THIS PHOTOG IS A CRY BABY LEARN FROM AN OLD SAYING...."TURNABOUT IS FAIR PLAY"

Gary

I remember reading about this when they were filming in Long Beach. I think it was latinoreview.com who had the original story.

And I'm sure he's got proof. I mean, how hard can it be to prove a picture?

Buster

Yes, but what he took a picture of was thier property. It is not like he was taking a pic of something in the public domain.

WHO THE HELL LISTENS TO DIDDY

Ironman died from chocking on the dried up $hit crusties on my a$s hairs. He was swallowing the steady stream of diahreah from my as$ like he always does, but this time he chocked on a piece of crusty sh1t or maybe it was the peanuts in my stool. Anyways , he died doing what he loved... Eating my p00p while getting nailed up his a$s from a massive horse c0ck! At least he didn't die of AIDS, because people with AIDS are just LAZY. And remember kids.... GOD HATES F/GS

bonniriggs

This person is trying to get money. If Iron Man didn't make lots of money in sells, then he wouldn't be complaining about a pic!

david

so how much do PAPS make off pictures they take of other people anyway?

F THEM.

Party 'till you die!

I guess TMZ didn't want to mention that Ronnie is from the rival site of JFX- well some of us noticed and he's a hell of a nice guy! Good luck Ronnie!
Newguy

Joe Nemo

Paramount is another one of those big corporations that is sticking to the little guy. Give him his money you theives

Party 'till you die!

Ronnie also mentioned this right when the movie came out on one of the threads on his site! It's just nice to get credit and pay for what you do!

Conniei

I think that everyone should boycott the Hulk because they probably stole picture off of that as well. Paramount and Marvel aren't that different than Exon!!!

Frank Davis

Oh I'm sure the studio used his little 72 dpi photo on the web for their print media package - NOT! Dude, your suit is embarassing, you don't know the first thing about digital photography.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments