Tim Russert Dies of a Heart Attack

6/13/2008 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NBC News' Tim Russert has died of a heart attack. He was 58.

He was working in NBC's Washington bureau today when he collapsed while recording voice overs.

DC Fire tells us the call came in at 1:41 PM ET. We're told they transported one adult male patient in cardiac arrest to Sibley Hospital where he died.

The "Meet the Press" host and author is survived by his wife, Maureen Orth -- a special correspondent for Vanity Fair -- and their adult son, Luke.

Dee

Hey #92 --- a little jealous perhaps? you probably sell hot dogs off a weenie wagon...

ldh

The election willl not be the same without Tim and the dry eraser board keeping track of delegates. He was always so fair and unbiased in his reporting.

Nickywelz

WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH THE PERSON WHO MADE THE MC DONALDS COMMENT??

Ayla of no people

OMG, I am beyond Shocked..............Very sad indeed. I watch Tim every week. Love his show.My condolences to his family and friends :(

TJ

Wow. And I was really looking forward to him watching him during this Presidential election. Won't be the same without him.

Big Bear

The world has lost a quality person. God bless his family!!!

Rap sucks

oh man that sucks.but is true you should know when mcdonalds is enough get healthy.........oh man

jennyk

Oh my god. I am in shock. Please no rude or obnoxious comments. He was a worthy human being in comparison to the loser celebrities that are normally feautured in TMZ. I loved watching Tim. He was like a part of our family. I will miss watching him and my heart goes out to his family.

Anon

So...did he die from cardiac arrest or heart attack? Two different things.

Rap sucks

im not being mean or anything but is true get healthy but screw the guy who meant the mcdonalds joke in a wrong way F U MAN!

irish girl

I'm sitting here crying and I never even met this man, but I feel like I know him. He was decency itself, a journalist of the highest caliber. Sunday mornings were all about watching Tim on Meet the Press. He was fair, knowledgeable and was all about keeping it honest and real. When someone was spinning it or just plain lying, he kept their feet to the fire, but he never made it personal. I will miss him--he leaves a real void on the political scene. Just such a decent, good man.

BOEING 787

I found out on The Huffington Post this morning. Tim Russert was a great man, a solid
journalist, a man of faith, a deticated father, a deticated scholar, and an All American.
I will miss his program that beard his name and his hosting of Meet The Press, a show
that I have watched nearly every weekend. He was a giant yet humble man in the field
of journalism and political reporting, the world is a better place for have knowing him.
He will never be replaced. I send my condolences to his family, all those who know him,
and to all the colleagues at NBC and MSNBC. Rest in piece and godspeed Tim Russert,
I love you.

Let it Be

A nation's television viewer's shall deeply miss........'our bud.'

His vision - His lessons - His passion.

Tim Russert - How he lived; oh, how he lived!

LSW

#2 is very insensitive. I do not think TMZ should allow comments like this. #9 needs to watch the news A LOT more. I thought Tim Russert was a GREAT political analyst and I always watched "Meet the Press." I was also always impressed with him during the debates and when he was on the "Today Show." Condolences to his wife, son, and father.

my3cent$

I'm saddened to hear this. My condolences to his family.