F***, George Carlin's Dead

6/23/2008 2:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George CarlinBust out those seven words, it's time for a tribute. Legendary comedian George Carlin has died.

The 71-year-old Carlin died around 6:00 PM PT this evening at an L.A. hospital after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains.

A battle over his comedy -- namely his "Filthy Words" routine -- went all the way to the Supreme Court.

Lbness

Best farting comedy ..saw him live ... we laughed til we cried, it was after his wife pass away that we saw him .... ~ he also did a bit about .. "God Bless"
So peace to all George Fans

beware of big dark HERPE caves

So sorry, r.i.p.

KarriO

George,,,,, God Bless YOU.... You were one of the first TRUE independents..... And a major thank you for speaking the truth about ILLEGAL immigration and proving all of us white folks are racist just because we WELCOME LEGAL

HotStuff

Russert = good, well-prepared guy. Carlan = a legend. Finally, some perspective on loss. All respect to Tim -- but let's be clear, Carlan literally changed perceptions.

CupcakeMagee

*sniffle* Not too long ago I had the privilege of seeing him perform. It was brilliant, hilarious and wonderful. He was an awesome man and he'll be missed by many, myself included...

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately." -- George Carlin

KarriO

PS..... NOT RACIST.....OPPS...

Just call me trailer trash....

I partied with him in Vegas once, he was cool

James

RIP, what a loss.

Niox

How sad! RIP

Alex in SGV

This is truly a sad day. I am a 30 year old guy and discoverd George in my late teens. After seeing him in Vegas about 7 years ago it solidified my true love for his brain, and the humor it created. Goodbye George You Will Be Missed!

Billiam

One of the best. Rest in peace.

HotStuff

Some perspective on recent losses. Russert: a decent,well-prepared guy. Carlan = a mind-altering legend. RIP to both, but George deserves higher billing.

Huh?

I am so unbelievably shocked and very saddened. He was one of my favorite comedians and now he's gone. We have all been robbed of a truly, truly funny man. He was a comedic genius. I will sorely miss his HBO specials. I discovered his comedy over 30 years ago and he only got better. He was one of a kind.

Dottie654

Is this for real? OMG I so remember his 7 Words You Can't Say on Television routine and all the stink it caused.

R.I.P. dear, wonderful comedic genius. You will never be forgotten. There will never be another like you, only copy cats. My sympathies to your family and friends.

Jamie

I saw him live a long time ago. A great man, you shall be missed. Have fun keeping people laughing up there, George. Say hi to Kinison for me too. We love you and will miss you