It Ain't Just the Fridge

7/7/2008 3:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So the Newsroom Cafe -- where Lindsay, Jeremy Piven, Lenny Kravitz and Kim K. hang -- claims the City Health Department gave them a C grade (which, by the way, is wretched) because the refrigerator was a few degrees off. They forgot to mention a few other things, like mold.

We got hold of the inspection report. Among other things, the city found mold inside the ice machine. Glasses on the bar had gnats that went in for a landing. Some of the shelves were dirty. The waiters' counter had paint chipping off. And restaurant workers were placing cut watermelon in the sink.

As for the fridge -- problems with potatoes, feta cheese and the meat drawers.

COMMENTS

freethefrog

still don't have Nicoles baby up yet? tsk, tsk, TMZ.

poop

Dam 3rd

david

wow, sounds no different than the kitchen in my own home.

YOU ARE IGNORANT

wow!! I'm surprised they really put something besides an A, I see A's in the worst ran down restaurants (which I wont' eat at) knowing they shouldn't get an A.....

ashley

I am so sad,truly, sniff sniff, NOT

offtheproperty

They should open up in MEXICO!

me

Anybody who has ever reviewed a food service inspection report will know that these findings are extremely common and can be observed in many establishments. They are minor in nature and should be no cause for alarm and are by no means, newsworthy.

Tom

The health dept is a racket, the News Room was obviously not paying the right person.
They find those same problems in every restaurant and bar, like mine for instance. They tell me all the things they found and are giving me a B for a year, or they can come back next week and see if I fixed everything for $200 and I keep my A...
JUST PAY THE GREASY LITTLE IMMIGRANTS NEWSROOM!!. (yes, none of them were born her so its really annoying)

harleybabe

Uh............HELLO....HEALTH INSPECTOR! *knocks on head but realizes that no ones home*

No cause for concern? I don't know about you but to drink out of a glass that has obviously had gnats landing on them all day then to drink from ice that's come from a machine that has mold in it, to eating possible watermelon from a dirty sink is NOT my idea of normal.

I don't like spending my days & nights sick because a restaurant didn't feel the need to keep it clean. Can you imagine what the actual KITCHEN looks like? And people actually eat there? Gross...........

Andrea Knoll

This place has got super skanky recently. I ended up walking out of there after an unpleasant incident with a dirty fruit squeezer. Yuk! Celebs be warned.

The Saint

Hmmm, if the TMZ "news" room was as good...

Kata

It's sad that this establishment has gone downhill this far after it was sold by its' original owner more than two years ago. What was known to be a great place to eat... no more. Thank goodness the 'old' owner has another place to visit and get amazed by the food and its' care.

SPLIFFSMOMMY

OH,MABYE YR IN CALIFORNIA WHERE YOU DONT EVEN REQUIRE PEOPLE TO HAVE A GREEN CARD..OOPS..MY BAD.

Danny

[quote]12. UM,HEALTH INSPECTOR,DO YOU LIVE IN A STATE THAT REQUIRES EMPLOYESS IN FOOD HANDLING BUSINESSES TO OBTAIN A FOOD HANDLERS PERMIT CARD?

Posted at 7:48PM on Jul 7th 2008 by SPLIFFS MOMMY[quote]

You prejudice b^tch.
I hope one day you end up depending on a foreigner to wipe your old stank a$s.

Gary

Well, I guess we will have to start hanging out at the Ivy across the street..... lol

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments