Mormons Slam Calendar's Missionary Position

7/10/2008 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Who knew a bunch of shirtless Mormon hunks could lead to so much drama?! Don't get your magic underwear in a bunch!
Mormon Docs: Click to read
TMZ has obtained a letter sent to Chad Hardy, the Mormon creator of the steamy Men on a Mission calendar, by the LDS church -- threatening disfellowship or excommunication for "conduct unbecoming a member." Coincidence? Chad thinks not.

Hot Mormons: Click to launchHardy tells TMZ he believes he's being targeted for the 12-monther -- but admits he doesn't attend church meetings or pay his tithing. He also believes his repentance will include closing up shop on the calendar, which he ain't ready to do. Save me Joseph Smith!

For their part the Church refuses to comment on the whole thing, "out of respect for the member himself."

We're guessing they won't like his next idea either -- Mormon Muffins: A Taste of Motherhood.

UPDATE: On July 13, Chad Hardy was officially excommunicated for "conduct unbecoming a member of the church."

barbara

Mormonism is a religion based on fallacious and ridiculously made-up tenets. Mormons are the most judgmental, bigoted, self-righteous people on the planet...which is why most of us avoid Utah like the freaking plague. This is exactly what I would expect from these backwards people who espouse the total antithesis of tolerance and love for all. Yuck. Just keep them out of my town, please.

Beth

The guy should be ex'd of DF'd for this. He openly admits he's doesn't even attend church or pay his tithing anymore, and he's published a calendar that is 100% against LDS standards of modesty. No, there's no harm in being hot, and there's no shame on the human body, but the men photographed for that calendar have, supposedly, made covenants that would prevent that from posing for these kinds of commercial photographs.

For those who aren't' members of the Church it may seem odd that a shirtless man is considered immodest... but it is. Again, though... there's no shame in a beautiful body, but it's in the way it's presented here that makes it inappropriate.

Honestly, I'm surprised it took the Church this long to act on it. I'll also bet that all of the men who posed for the photos probably got similar letters...provided of course, they are members of the church and not models.

john

The mormon church is a joke. Look at all the people who have responded on this story and are trying to push people to learn about there faith. Keep your faith to yourself and quit trying to push people into it. If one more of your stupid tie wearing kids bangs on my door and asks me about god I am going to knock him on his ass. If I wanted to learn about your faith I would go to one of your temples. Oh and by the way Joesph Lied.

Anita

Mormon apologists are LYING again when they tell people that the FLDS is different from the main Mormon church in Salt Lake.

They both came from the same founder and ,in fact, FLDS is the way Mormonism was practised in the 1800s. Take a good look and see how you like it!

Now the Salt Lake church is trying to distance itself from their sordid past - good luck with that!

Beth

Mollie... your bitterness shows. I find it ironic, though. What you claim to be true has never happened to me. I've never been "grilled" about my sex life by anyone. I've never been forced to do anything I didn't want to do. I've even twice *gasp* turned down callings because I knew it wasn't something I could handle. Nobody has ever taken my temple recommend away from me, and I've never participated in any "weird" rituals,

People will think what they think. Oh well.

Bob

Sounds like some Mormans are getting their majic panties in a wad on this site!

nofanhere

If Brigham Young was alive, I bet he would of made his own calender with his 12 wives! He was nothing but a "glorified" pimp in his day!

just here

i feel sorry for people of that faith too - my first bf was a mormon & that family was a wack-case! NUTS!

Anita

Lying to protect the Mormon church is still lying.

Those of us who have been to the Mormon temples know very well that there are weird rituals going on.

When you stand in the witch's circle, dressed alike, giving all the signs and tokens, while mumbling "oh God hear the words of my mouth" you are NOT adressing the Christian god. Stop being deluded!

Anita

When people tell the truth about Mormonism the cult labels them "bitter" and "angry".

The Mormon church functions like a totalitarian government, demanding strict obedience and unquestioning loyalty to their Fuehrer, er, profit.

Who are they kidding. Mormonism is very similar to Nazism.

Actually, during Hitler's reign in Germany most German Mormons could not tell the difference between their church and the Nazis. Many of them thought that Hitler was sent to usher in the new millenium.

My parents lived through those times in Germany - WISE UP !!!!!!!

I agree with Dobbie

As an ex mormon I can tell you that Mormon's are not bad peeps...they have very good hearts and really do only want the best for their families, friends and neighbors. The religion is focused on family and helping others whenever they can. A lot of people feel like the religion is "extreme". They wear garments to help people dress modestly...and in all actually there really is a lot of cute clothes you can wear while wearing garments...you're just not exposing your cleavage, middriff or butt crack. They practice abstinence until married...as MOST religions do. And MOST religions ask for tithing as well. What most don't realize is that the Mormon tithing is used to help needy families and build more churches. Having been through the temple I can tell you that nothing bad happens in them...no ritual sacrifices or whatever else weird things you think may go on in there... It's a calm peaceful place for Mormon's to go and worship and pray and reflect on their own lives. I left the church because of my own vices and I knew I was not living the proper way...and while the rules may be a bit hard to follow such as no caffeine or alcohol...it's definately not a cult.

Rachel

I dated a Mormon and they definitely don't play. His mom said if we wanted to go on a date, I'd have to attend at least 7 church meetings/activities and write her an apology letter for writing on my live journal that I liked him. She had also been artificially inseminated after 3 marriages didn't work out. Don't get me started on the higher up people in the church and that gross-looking underwear.

But there are Mormons I like.

Jordan

Anyone who still confuses mainstream Mormons with polygamists is totally and completely ignorant.
But in regards to the calendar issue, I wholeheartedly believe the member behind the calendar's creation should be disfellowshipped. Many other Mormons would agree with me. That side, it's probably not a good idea for TMZ to be discussing it, or me for that matter. So I'll shut up now.

holy moley

Witches circle???? What temple are you going to?

All I can say is that some day we will all know the truth.,..till then people are gonna believe what they want to believe and arguing and fighting will never go away. It has been this way since the beginning of time. We know what we believe in is right, all we can do is continue to live clean lives, help others whenever possible, and try not to get too fired up when the haters voice their opinion.

BYU COUGARS RULE!!!!!!! MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPS 2 years running!!!!!!

I LOVE COUGAR FOOTBALL!!!!

Anita

Just a heads up to all Gays and Lesbians -

The Momon church is fighting again to stop gays from getting married in California!

Two weeks ago there was a letter read in all Mo chuches from church headquarters in Salt Lake City, encouraging all Mormons to fight against the legalization of gay marriages in California.

Their tax exempt status as a "church" ought to be revoked for meddling in politics.